Have you ever heard someone say "my job search was easy!" Yeah, we haven't either. In this workshop, learn 8 key tips to ensure you come across job prospects that interest you, get more interview requests from your application, crush your interview, and more!
Here's the 8 key tips and activities we'll discuss best practices and resources around:
1. Technical trends research & top training and development resources
2. Resume optimization
3. Understanding market worth
4. Utilizing effective job search resources
5. Effective outreach (i.e. going the "Referral Route" and/or using a 2nd outreach channel)
6. Fine-tuning your professional elevator pitch
7. Effective interview preparation
8. Additional "candidate credibility" suggestions, such as recommendation sharing and a post-interview Thank You
1. Our Resume Cookbook --> https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/5903/resume-cookbook-for-technology-job-seekers/
2. This has a great list of job boards to check out --> https://novoresume.com/career-blog/job-search-sites
Erica is Apexs' Director of IT Contractor Programs and Philanthropy, with 15+ years of staffing in the IT space. She also writes career readiness and skills development articles for the MSSQLTips community and presents through a variety of communities, including IIBA, PMI, Meetups, Code Camps, SQL Saturdays, BA World conferences, and coding schools and other STEM programs. Steven spent his first 10 years at Apex as a Recruiter for our Kansas City office, primarily supporting Project Managers, Business Analysts, Agile Coaches, Scrum Masters and Product Owners in their job search. He now is a Delivery Analyst, where he supports our national PMO recruiting practice through training, coaching, understanding client hiring needs, and doing other tasks to support our hiring efforts in the PMO space!