At Apex, we want you to succeed in your career, and we are here to help you with that process. We sat down with one of our top contractors to learn about how he has been so successful and organized his top tips to success.
At Apex, we want you to succeed in your career, and we are here to help you with that process. In a previous blog , we sat down with one of our top contractors, Marketing Manager, Steve Maiwurm, to learn more about him and how he has been so successful. We organized his top tips to success below:
- Always explore different classes, topics and skill areas, whether that be through online trainings, college courses or local associations/groups.
- Identify a mentor, formal or informal, who you can reach out to for career advice.
- Success can derive from being motivated and passionate about what you are doing.
- Put the work in and volunteer for special projects to learn more and get noticed.
- Take accountability for your jobs and actions; own your mistakes and always be truthful and honest.
- When communicating, always try to remain objective and in control of your emotions.
- Stay focused on the vision and strategic objective(s) of your project/tasks so you can identify the best way to accomplish these.
- Volunteer on the side to gain experience, learn new skills, and network like crazy!