A leading financial services provider leverages our Digital Services solution offering to develop a new in-house experience design department.
Our industry-leading client was creating an in-house studio and experience design group. This would provide B2C customers with the ability to self-manage their own accounts through interactive, real-time digital experiences in both native and mobile first responsive environments. Key program objectives were:
- Define the gap between current experience design capabilities and the desired future state
- Evaluate existing technology to support user journeys and digital experience optimization
- Establish metrics for the experience group’s performance, efficacy and ROI
- Develop interaction design resource allocation strategy to integrate user research, analytical and business processes
- Reduce overall misalignment ratio from external agencies by building out internal experience design group
- Improve the overall experience, retention, loyalty and lifetime value of each customer through in-house experience design excellence
Our Engagement Team worked with client stakeholders to complete a microassessment of their current state and confirm their go-forward strategy. This began with our team conducting in-depth interviews across the client’s experience design and technical interests to accurately define the gap between the current experience design capabilities and the desired end state. We then worked to create a roadmap and resource plan customized to their specific projects and applications, specifically iOS and Android versions. Overall engagement outcomes included:
- Deployed a team of 12 UX, VD and IXD designer/developers and strategists to create the desired future state design group
- Communicated weekly and monthly status updates on creation of MVP
- Created solutions and product design documentation
- Developed and implemented a Design-Thinking Manifesto to serve as their governance structure moving forward
Implemented design thinking manifesto
The experience design group delivers optimized user experiences across the journey to customers based on their individual usage history and current state of usage, which enables customers to select specific activities to self-manage their accounts. The approach simultaneously delivered effective products while creating an in-house design studio. Our team also transitioned processes and strategies to support various applications and digital experience initiatives in house.