A global products and materials science company utilizes Apex to provide R&D specialists while creating and maintaining productivity goals, schedules, and testing methods, resulting in overall improvements in efficiency and quality.
Our client, an enterprise level tape and adhesive manufacturing company, was seeking to outsource a specific portion of their testing services. They required a partner that could provide timely, accurate, and cost effective measurements and services to support their product development activities. Specifics encompassed conducting physical testing, chemical testing and method development/validation on industrial adhesive and tape products in a Research and Development setting. The partner would be solely accountable for accurate results and meeting timelines.
Apex partnered with our client’s stakeholders to determine a base level of KPI’s around productivity goals, performance metrics covering work completed backlog and turn-around time, and quality. To achieve the goals we deployed a team including a lead and three levels of technicians. Key engagement activities include:
- Method development/validation, analytical testing, and physical property testing and documentation of all results.
- Providing analytical results, images, prepared samples, and technical results/data summaries
- Acting as PM point of contact for the client to align activities across various divisions to balance workload and serve as an intermediate between various teams
- Scheduling and delegating work load to meet the client’s work requests while increasing retention and staffing outages/coverages
- Providing the client with ongoing reporting showing work status and staffing levels to meet the required timelines
Improved Accuracy and Efficiency of Testing
By establishing KPI’s and productivity goals, our team was able to build a training program that improved the accuracy of testing results and overall efficiency around completing testing activities. Through achieving and accelerating project goals and timelines, our client was able to acquire work from several new customers. Additionally, we were able to centralize the submittal process for testing requests, and uncovered areas for improvement around workflow process, while increasing overall cost efficiencies.