P6 Scheduler D Req
Job Description:Project Scheduler
Rate Range: $38 - 50/hr - Based on experience level*
*Hybrid - on-site 3 days a week, remote 2 days a week.
Position Summary: Support the development and analysis of project and maintenance outage schedules using Primavera Project Planner Enterprise (P6) through technical guidance, training, and verification. Train schedulers and planners so they are technically able to plan, schedule, integrate, baseline, and analyze projects/outages. When applicable, administer, maintain security, reporting, maintenance, and daily operation of Primavera Project Planner Enterprise Software, scheduling QA/QC software, and the earned value metrics/reporting system. Must be self motivated, an excellent communicator, and team focused individual able to work under minimal supervision and competently perform current scheduling techniques and analyses on all project/outage aspects. Additional duties include schedule maintenance, collecting progress data, developing and implementing project/outage schedule/status reports, and providing consistent, accurate information to the project/outage senior management team. The candidate must be able to interface with site outage/project execution teams, contractors, and senior management .
1. Facilitate development of fully integrated P6 schedules (including resource loading and leveling) for the project/outage execution teams including detailed P6 schedules that utilize critical path methodology based on work scope from the work packages and planners work list.
2. Ensure schedulers are using sound techniques and best practices to update progress, acquire information, baseline schedules, maintain schedules, develop commodity curves, track metrics, and support project teams on a routine basis.
3. Train and mentor schedulers in all aspects of Planning and Scheduling within P6. Lead the project/outage schedulers meeting to share lessons learned, process revisions and changes, and conduct technical training.
4. Facilitate and administer the earned value management system (metrics/reporting) working with the project controls and project management teams.
5. Mentor and assist schedulers in organizing and conducting schedule meetings covering the estimating, planning, scheduling, and updating of assigned projects/outages with applicable company and contract personnel.
6. Maintain the Project (or Outage) Scheduling Handbooks or Procedure. Train and ensure schedulers are adhering to the handbook or procedure. Work with schedulers to standardize reports across the program where appropriate.
7. Mentor and assist schedulers in preparing and analyzing metrics reports. Work with the project teams to provide accurate and beneficial summary level status reports as requested.
8. Mentor and assist schedulers in preparing and analyzing schedule risk. Work with the project teams to provide risk assessments and recommended mitigation actions as requested.
9. Mentor and assist schedulers in developing “what if” schedules to address various scenarios and options as necessary.
10. Mentor and assist schedulers in crashing project/outage schedule durations when required.
11. Substitute for project/outage schedulers as needed.
12. Diagnose and resolve issues with project/outage schedules.
13. Coordinate with contractors to assure understanding and adherence to the integrated project/outage schedule and scheduling requirements.
14. Assign security, profiles, and roles for new P6 users.
15. Perform other duties as assigned.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.