Senior Software Engineer - Financial
Our great client in NYC has an immediate opening for a Senior Software Engineer. If you are interested please apply with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's the Role?
Within the FinTech space, our Algorithm team works at the intersection of technology and financial modeling. In 2018, our small team of capable engineers sought to re-architect our core financial-planning algorithm from the ground up, utilizing functional programming in Scala to radically rethink how heuristics-based financial modeling can be implemented at scale. In 2020, we turned our attention to stochastic modeling of portfolio risk in a concurrent, highly-distributed cloud environment. Now, in 2021 we have expanded our vision to encompass increasingly sophisticated financial instruments, with a focus on precision, accuracy, and deep levels of plan customization and mathematical optimization. We are looking for driven, financially-minded engineers with a passion for building a new class of planning software. We want to address the needs of an untapped market in personal finance!
- Determined engineer with a track record of delivering high-quality software in the FinTech space and experience engineering complex systems
- Experience working in an enterprise software environment (CI/CD, K8s, Docker, etc.)
- Bonus: Functional programming paradigms and design patterns (experience in Scala, Haskell, etc.), AWS experience, infrastructure-design/application architecture experience
- BS/MS or higher in Computer Science or related field of study
- Highly technical and hardworking fellow engineers. We care a lot about what we do and love new insights!
- Flexible work schedules
- Employee tuition reimbursement
- Group Life and disability income insurance
- Competitive benefits- medical/dental/vision, PTO, bonuses, and highly competitive salary
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.