Backend C# Developer
Location: Remote-must work eastern or central time zone
Length: 12-18 Month Contract
- You will be a part of the retirement planning group, and on this team you will work on the systems that manage communications, regulatory notices, and updates for participants in retirement planning services.
- Oversee 6 applications, all written in .net.
- Team consists of 5 developers, a scrum master, and a product owner.
-Working cross-functionally within a distributed Agile team where everyone is committed to deliver quality software on budget and in a timely manner.
- Developing new and enhancing existing software, completing design, coding, review, and integration, test and deployment activities.
-Writing and maintaining automated unit, functional and regression tests.
-Working closely with the product owner, scrum master and team members in support of agile software development practices, including story decomposition, estimation, and task prioritization.
-Ensuring and improving application security, code quality, and the use of design methodologies and standard architecture within the team.
- Identifying technology risks early and establishing mitigation plans.
-4+ years of applicable experience developing in C#, .NET, .NET Core, ASP.Net, MVC, or other Microsoft based development tools
-Experience using tools XML, XLST, XSL, and working on older VB.NET applications with COM.
-Experience with both relational and non-relational (unstructured) database systems such as Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB, etc.
-Experience developing/managing REST and SOAP-based Web Service API(s) in a transaction processing environment
- Experience using test automation tools such as MS Test, Selenium or other testing tools and frameworks
- Experience working in CI/CD environment (Bamboo) and with the full Atlassian toolset (Jira, Confluence, Zephyr, Bitbucket)
-Experience participating as a member of a scrum team in an agile environment
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry, containers, or other cloud platforms desirable
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.