Sr. / Lead Platform Engineer (Linux)
- full time, direct hire
- HYBRID onsite in several major cities!
- Salary Range: $80,300 - $142,300
- 20% annual bonuses
The Sr Platform Engineer within the Buyflow Operations team will be responsible for supporting our cutting edge eCommerce environments. Teams within our Buyflow Operations department support applications used by a wide variety of sales channels processing thousands of transactions per hour, generating nearly half of all sales revenue for our fortune 100 company! We are an organization that prides ourselves on meeting a goal of near 0% unplanned downtime.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Build and maintain systems, supporting millions of active users, with hundreds of millions of daily API calls in a microservices based environment.
- Develop, modify, enhances and implement the infrastructure and APIs supporting our family of applications.
- Maintain uptime and uphold SLAs for the platform.
- Develop the infrastructure architecture strategies, standards, target architectures and roadmaps.
- Monitor and troubleshoot moderate to complex platform quality issues with tools like Splunk, AppDynamics, Datadog, New Relic, or equivalent platforms
- Lead or Assist in leading the identification of bottlenecks and bugs, and devising solutions to these problems.
- Lead or Assist in troubleshooting Java thread and heap analysis, as well as Linux OS performance tuning
- Lead or Assist in leading the implementation of security and advocate for data governance in the company.
- Eye towards reducing compute, bandwidth and storage costs.
- Ensure alignment to drive cross-platform consistency.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Past experience in DevOps or SRE position
- Solid understanding of code versioning tools such as Git and platforms like Github, Gitlab, and BitBucket
- Extensive experience supporting java applications in a production environment
- Well-versed in configuration management tools like Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Python, and Ansible
- Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals (object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis).
- Experience with building cloud-based, highly-automated, near real time data processing platforms.
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills, especially in complex systems.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Solid foundation in “bridging the divide” between software products and the infrastructure that runs it.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting abilities.
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
Related Work Experience
- 5 years of Cloud-based platform engineering role experience
- 5 years of Linux OS administration and automation
- 3 years of VMware, Docker, or Kubernetes
- 3 years of Microservices
- 3 years of Log Forwarding/Management
- 3 years of Exposure to SQL and non-relational databases
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.