Sr. Network Engineer
Title: Sr. Network Engineer
Length: Direct hire Remote (first few days will be onsite)
Location: 11001 Cedar Ave, Cleveland
Shift/ Hours mon-Fri 8Am -5PM remote
On call/ rotation:NO
Is it approved Yes
When will they start ASAP
This position will focus primarily on firewall and other network security devices and designs with some involvement in Cisco networking implementations and interoperations. Primarily responsible for assisting with the day-to-day management and maintenance of the network and firewall environments as well as the design and implementation of new networking and network security services. Interacts with business users and vendors to identify and define requirements and expectations of new and existing network systems. Participates in design, implementation, and troubleshooting process for network security needs. Administrates Palo Alto firewalls through Panorama, Cisco FTD devices, and Cisco ASAs
Day to Day:
- Timely responds to Help Desk Trouble Tickets and handles related issues.
- Completes work request activity submitted via Service Request System.
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves network and firewall communication issues.
- In conjunction with Information Security team, identifies diagnoses, and resolves security device communication issues.
- Configures, installs, and replaces network infrastructure and security components.
- Remotely administers and maintains complex TCP/IP networks using routers and switches.
- Schedules upgrades and collaborates with the network architect on network and firewall optimization.
- Recommends, tests, schedules and implements upgrades (PAN-OS upgrades, patches).
- Maintains familiarity with Microsoft DHCP, DNS, and Cisco DHCP.
- Configures and administers Cisco ISE, Cisco networking devices, Cisco Firewalls and Palo Alto firewalls.
- Maintains and utilizes working knowledge and experience with Cisco Quality of Service (QoS) for data and voice.
- Provides proactive monitoring of network using network management software configuration and troubleshooting (SolarWinds, Stealthwatch, LiveAction, Viavi).
- Provides capacity planning for internal and external network connections.
- Participates in on-call service rotation; provides 24 x 7 production support on a rotating basis.
- Performs occasional night/weekend work as required due to environmental constraints.
- LAN: Cisco Layer 2 & 3 devices, ASA Firewalls, Ethernet (including 10 GbE) & Routing Protocols
- WAN: Frame Relay, MPLS, Point to Point connections
- Voice: IP Telephony, Call Center Technologies, QoS
- Wireless: Access Point Security
- Management Tools: CiscoWorks, Solarwinds
Required Skill & Technologies:
- B.S in Information Technology or related field with an interest in Information Technology Networks
- Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP) and / or equivalent years and working experience
- 10+ years of experience with Enterprise Network infrastructure, including design, implementation, and ongoing management and troubleshooting in a mid to large sized company
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office Suite including Visio and Excel
- Good working knowledge of Voice over IP technology
- Strong knowledge and experience with Layer 2 and Layer 3 protocols Spanning-Tree, EIGRP, OSPF
- experience in performing root cause analysis
- Experience with Cisco IP Telephony technologies
Any nice to haves:
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), (Windows Server, SQL Server), or MSCE.
- Practical experience in the use of network monitoring tools such as SolarWinds, Stealthwatch, LiveAction, Viavi, and Wireshark.
- Experience with security devices such as Palo Alto Networks, Cisco FTD, and Cisco ASA
Things to note
- I want to emphasize firewall work, as that will be the primary responsibility. We use Palo Alto, but if the person is a quick learner I think we could take someone who speaks Cisco, Checkpoint, or Fortinet.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.