IS Enterprise Architecture Manager
IS Enterprise Architecture Manager
Location: San Diego, CA (60% Remote)
Apex Systems is looking for an Information Systems Architecture Manager with 5+ years (mid-level) of Infrastructure leadership. Must have experience supporting enterprise-wide projects across many sites related to infrastructure uplifts. If interested, please send your qualified resume to email@example.com.
Ideal Start date: July 2022.
This need is tied to the Wireless and Switch Infrastructure Refresh Projects which requires the management of several resources, budget, and would manage the entire change state operation of the Network Engineering Team.
The Manager, IS Enterprise Architecture manages and leads a team of Network Specialists in support of critical infrastructure changes for Scripps’ Hospitals, Clinics, Data Centers, Corporate, and administrative facilities. This position is responsible for ensuring the smooth transition and implementation of a major network infrastructure uplift happening over the next 1-2 years. Replacing all equipment at all 42 Scripps’ sites around San Diego County (switches and Wireless Access Points. - 10,000 devices).
- This position will work with the current steady state operation Manager, IS Enterprise Architecture -Network to ensure the 2 operational teams come together and ensure uptime, availability, and scalability of the core networking infrastructure. This position will work cross-functionally with other internal organizations, including Information Security, Enterprise Architecture, Application teams, Cloud and Data Center Operations, and more. This position will be performing a lot of stakeholder communication, making sure sites are fully engaged, understanding the scope and impact as well as change management.
Required Education/Experience/Specialized Skills:
- 5+ years (mid-level) of Infrastructure leadership with major change state operational experience - managing people and projects (they will be managing 4 contracted Network Techs as well as other engineers. They need to make sure all their sites are fully engaged.)
- Bachelor's degree plus 3 years leadership experience or 5 years of leadership experience in lieu of degree.
- 5 or more years of progressively responsible professional experience with large-scale networks in a distributed environment
- Need to have supported enterprise-wide projects across many sites related to infrastructure uplifts that include Network Refreshes, wireless surveys, working with cable vendors. Wi-Fi refreshes and switches - high visibility, Capital projects to uplift Cisco equipment and migration from different network fabrics to another most notably Cisco.
- Strong understanding of network technologies in a design context, including LAN, WAN, Routing, BGP/OSPF, wireless APs and controllers, cloud networking (public and private), QoS/shaping, SNMP/Netflow/Syslog, and Load Balancing systems
- Experience with network management protocols and systems
- Experience with monitoring and alerting dashboards
- Experience with Cisco networking technologies
- Experience with enterprise wireless technologies
- Experience with TCP/IP and common network protocols
- Experience with routing, switching, and IP subnetting
- IP routing across a multi-site, hierarchical architecture
- Industry experience - can be helpful in the sense that they would understand certain compliance protocols such as running certain cables but other than that there is not too much specific to healthcare.
- ServiceNow familiarity
- Experience in Cisco ISE and DNA
- Certification specific to technologies supported - CCNP, CCNA, CCT
- ITIL certification
- COBIT certification
- PMP Certification
Interview Process: 1 panel interview, only 2 rounds if candidate poses the need (virtual interviews most likely)
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.