Sr. Linux System Administrator
Apex Systems is immediately seeking a Sr Linux Administrator onsite in Fairfax? VA area in support of one of our top IT integration companies.
Please view the details and day to day responsibilities of the position below, and for immediate consideration, email your resume and certifications to Nichole at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our ideal candidate would have 8+ years of experience with RedHat and must hold a secrets or TS/SCI clearance.
Title: Sr Linux Administrator
Location: Merrifield, VA
The successful candidate will work independently and as part of a team, performing high-level systems analysis, evaluation, design, integration, documentation, and implementation of complex Redhat systems supporting applications that require a thorough knowledge of administrative and technical skills. Performs all duties of Redhat administration including installation, configuration, securing, performance tuning, and troubleshooting. Applies higher-level business or technical principles and methods to very difficult technical problems to arrive at an engineering solution. Prepares technical reports and related documentation, and makes charts and graphs as needed to record results. Prepare and deliver presentations and briefings as required by the Task Order.
· Bachelors Degree with 12+ years’ experience as a Unix System Administrator – Operational experience with RHEL6 and RHEL7. High school diploma with additional years experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
· 3+ years deploying Unix in a secured environments, i.e., DISA
· 3+ years using Redhat Satellite
· Documenting system processes for Unix environments
· HW experience: Knowledge of VMWare and Azure
· SW experience: Operating Systems: RHEL6 and RHEL 7
· Redhat Satellite Server and Redhat Clustering
· VMWare Aware
· Azure Aware
· DISA environment hardening experience
· Docker/Containers · Linux Centos experience
· BMC Remedy experience
· Complex korn shell (ksh) scripting
· Pseries Linux
· Ability to apply user requirements to the analysis, planning, and design of technology systems.
· Ability to communicate problems and solutions both verbally and in writing to the Government Lead.
· Ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with speed and efficiency.
· Ability to work closely with others in a team environment
· Ability to interface with all customer levels.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.