Data Consultant with SQL
Apex Systems is looking for a Data Consultant with SQL skills for one of our biggest financial clients in Charlotte, NC. If you are interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Charlotte, NC or Pennington, NJ - WFH with possibility of transitioning to hybrid in-office schedule
Type: 12+ month contract to hire
We are only able to work on a W2 basis, no Corp to Corp. Must be able to work on our W2 without sponsorship!
- 5+ years' experience in data/development
- SQL experience writing code
- Experience with detailed & complex data analysis
- Regulatory Reporting experience
- Experience with Scala and Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS)
- Experience with databases
- Knowledge of Global Markets’ products/asset classes and associated data including fixed income, equities, derivatives, and foreign exchange securities, preferred
- Experience with toolset such as Zeppelin and Jupyter notebook
Ideal candidate will be committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs and participate in all phases of the data delivery/transformation program – from business analysis to writing sourcing scripts, leveraging an SQL like query language.
• Analyzing data flow and data sets from upstream applications
• Developing scripts (SQL like) to generate data sets and outputs required for specific NFRR reports
• Supporting testing of the data sets against requirements
• Assist with NFRR Report Onboarding which includes performing current state assessments, understand the effectiveness of controls and determination of process risks.
• Independently lead and coordinate NFRR (Non-Financial Regulatory Reports) from various jurisdictions to provision positional and transactional data from certified ADS (Authorized Data Source).
• Act as a liaison and established strong partnership between various Reporting Systems, EDM (Enterprise Data Management), and ADS belonging to markets, banking and consumer stakeholders and technology groups.
• Analyze /Designs/develops/enhances regulatory requirements across global teams and cross-functional stakeholders for onboarding data driven reports to digital platform .
• Lead the efforts for Collecting Documentation including functional, Logical Data Model Requirements and technical specifications for Transformation Logic, Data Dictionary for ADS Gap remediation.
• Ability to connect dots and influence others to get feedback on open tasks and issues in required ETA.
• Responsible for designing and developing complex requirements to accomplish business goals.
• Ensures that software is developed to meet functional, non-functional, and compliance requirements.
• Ensures solutions are well designed with maintainability/ease of integration and testing built-in from the outset.
• Contributes to story refinement/defining requirements. Participates and guides team in estimating work necessary to realize a story/requirement through the delivery lifecycle. Performs spike/proof of concept as necessary to mitigate risk or implement new ideas.
• Codes solutions and unit tests to deliver a requirement/story per the defined acceptance criteria and compliance requirements.
• Assists team with resolving technical complexities involved in realizing story work.
• Mentors other Software Engineers and coaches team on CI-CD practices and automating tool stack.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.