IT Security Specialist
After reading the job description below please send your updated resume and a good phone number so we can talk in more depth to email@example.com
BlueWater Federal's team supports the mission needs of 66th Air Base Group providing efficient service delivery for critical infrastructure needs and capabilities to include Network, Voice, Server, Storage, Cybersecurity, SharePoint and Web. We are looking for talented IT Security Specialist to support the mission at Hanscom AFB, MA. Also, BlueWater Federal is willing to sponsor candidates who are willing and want to obtain a Secret clearance for this role.
- Provides Information Assurance guidance and support to the customer community in accordance with Federal, Department of Defense, and U.S. Air Force Information Assurance programs
- Ensures that applicable systems/networks/computing environments meet security requirements and that all security risks for those environments are properly mitigated
- Provides technical and programmatic Information Assurance/Cyber Security services in support of system-level certification and accreditation processes
- Provides support in Network Boundary Proxy and Firewall exceptions
- Tracks and manages all open security-related problem reports and fixes
- Provide necessary support for Certification and Accreditation (C&A) requirements as well as re-accreditation requirements
- Ensures configuration management for systems/networks/computing systems and hardware is documented and maintained
- Contribute to Cybersecurity projects as required
- Provide support with Classified Message Incidents
- Reviews all Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) alerts, bulletins and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS) for applicable implementation and remediation in the customer’s network/computing environment(s)
- Perform Staff Assistant Visits and reach back support with appointed ISSOs
- Provide support to maintain a comprehensive network security policy
- Create, review and update standard operating procedures and AF Checklists
- Review FFRDC System Security Plans
- Assist with TEMPEST certification for Classified Processing Areas
- Bachelor’s degree in Cybersecurity or equivalent plus 3 years of experience relevant to the above skills. An additional 4 years of experience may substitute the degree
- Strong knowledge of Air Force, DoD and applicable Federal Information Assurance/Cyber Security Directives and Instructions
- Knowledge of Cyber Security in the RMF process and Cyber Defense
- Working knowledge of SharePoint
- Windows Desktop Operating Systems (Windows 7, Windows 10)
- Windows Server Operating Systems (Windows Server 2012, 2016 & 2019)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Office Products – Must have proficiency in Excel
- Working knowledge of Remedy ticketing system
- Proficient with Computer and Server Hardware
- Secret level DoD security clearance - required (ability to get clearance with waiver possible if background check shows potential)
- CompTIA Security + certification - required (valid certification on day one of employment)
At BlueWater Federal Solutions, a Tetra Tech company, health and safety play a vital role in our success. BlueWater’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
BlueWater Federal is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.