Security Trainer Opportunity!
Apex Systems, the nation’s 2nd largest IT staffing firm, is seeking a Security Trainer to work with one of our financial services clients.
If interested, send a resume to Garrett Rabenbauer, Technical Recruiter, at email@example.com
Location: Hybrid role in Camas, WA, Plano, TX, or Tampa, FL
The Security Awareness Training Program Manager will join a growing company and integrate into the current transformation of technologies, processes and global expansion. You will develop a program around security awareness that reflects our ideals and culture. You will work with Business departments and Technology teams to help them understand how to identify and respond to cybersecurity risk within our environment. You will report to the Team Lead of Information Security and works directly with other departments to manage and measure our awareness risk. You will also develop security awareness practices following digital asset security risk management goals.
- Organize and facilitate information security training, workshops, and events for a global workforce
- Create training and customize vendor provided content to include in our training program
- Develop regular targeted or company-wide communications on multiple security-related topics and coordinate the distribution of content through web, email, and other delivery methods
- Document and complete administrative tasks necessary to provide and measure the security awareness training program and projects
- Identify ways to mature and increase the security awareness
- Create and gather data on employee engagement and knowledge retention
- Manage and mature the Phishing application and systems used to train and test our global workforce
- Conduct group training sessions in person and over video conference to our global workforce
- 5+ years of experience in information technology or information security for a medium sized financial services firm
- 3+ years of experience managing security awareness training for a medium sized financial services firm
- Bachelor's degree in Technology or Information Security or equivalent experience
- Prior experience rolling out enterprise-wide training programs
- Experience creating media and teaching cybersecurity concepts such as social engineering, security by design, and common tactics and techniques
- Experience conducting instructor-led training on security-related topics to a diverse, international, technical and non-technical workforce
- Experience managing Cofense, Knowbe4 or similar security education and phishing platforms
- Experience building e-learning courses and deploying to an LMS
- Experience working in an Agile project management environment
- Familiarity with standards and topics such as ISO 27001/27002, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, and OWASP Top 10
- Familiarity with privacy regulations such as GDPR and CCPA
- Experience working collaboratively across teams
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.