Linux System Administrator
Linux Systems Administrator
Apex Systems is hiring for a Linux Systems Administrator supporting a large government clients on-site in Huntsville, AL!
If interested in applying for this position, please send a copy of your updated resume to Melissa at email@example.com
- This position requires an active DoD-issued Top Secret Security Clearance
- Experience with Linux admin, installing, hardening, patching, backup and restoring
Contract Duration: 24 months+
In this position, the candidate will support the operations, management, and system integration of cross domain systems (CDS) and other security technologies in a small team environment. Primarily the candidate will be responsible for providing Operations & Maintenance activities on existing CDS systems. Job functions include performing deployment, integration, troubleshooting and testing of new data flows by applying diverse skills in system engineering, administration, management, and security. Additionally, the candidate will provide immediate response and problem resolution to critical system incident tickets. The candidate will have significant direct contact with the immediate customer and the organization’s CDS staff.
Specific duties include but not limited to such tasks as:
- Manage systems in a VMWare environment
- Install COTS/GOTS and custom software, firmware updates, operating system patches of CDS guards, and antivirus software updates
- Monitor the systems for possible system problems, analyze the problem for resolution paths, implement solutions, and or work with vendors to resolve issues
- Respond and resolve incident tickets within priority response times.
- Run scripts to perform house-keeping and statistics gathering against the data in the production systems.
- Set-up/maintain user accounts and support system security vulnerability scan activities
- Participate in program standup meetings to discuss system status, technical issues, or coordinate production system changes.
- Experience in system integration, test, debug of COTS/GOTS systems. Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills to integrate new capabilities.
- Experience with Virtual Environment administration; Installation, configuration, and managements of: Type 1 hypervisors (ESXi, KVM, others), Virtual Machine configurations, and VM Management environment (e.g. Vcenter/Vsphere and associated networking and storage)
- Experience with coding (Java, Java Script, or Python) and/or scripting (Perl, Microsoft Power Shell, KShell, BASH, etc.)
- The ability to quickly adapt to new system environments and interface with systems. An interest in working on a broad range of problems and technology and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to work independently and at times as only Leidos representative working directly with customer IT team.
- Follow change management process including creating required change management documentation.
- Demonstrates good judgement and written/verbal communications.
- A team player with organization skills, can follow written instructions or technical guides, and the ability to prioritize tasks.
Depending on experience and/or preference may be called on to support the following efforts:
- Experience with or familiarity with Apache Nifi (Niagrafiles)
- System administration: RHEL, SE Linux, Solaris, Windows
- Networking, particularly system integration of physical/virtual servers with routers and firewalls in current data center environments.
- Integration of one or more cross domain products (guards, one-way transfers, multi-level access solutions).
- Ability to perform bare metal server builds, backup/restore.
- Integrating with typical IT support infrastructure services: LDAP, Active Directory, log archive
- Various security products, security architecture, security assessment tools, and information assurance standards.
- Experience with Elastic Search / Log Stash / Kibana (ELK)
- Experience with Splunk
- Small scale development of script level routines: languages (shell script, Perl)
- Experience with system hardening (STIGS).
Experience and Education:
- Junior-level: At least 5 years of professional experience demonstrating the basic requirements, or at least 3 years of professional experience demonstrating the basic requirements and a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related field
- Senior-level: 7 years directly related experience or 5 years with a Bachelor's degree or 4 years with a Master's degree
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.