ACAS/HBSS System Administrator
Position: ACAS/HBSS System Administrator
Clearance: Candidates must be able to obtain and/or maintain a DoD Top Secret clearance as a condition of employment
Duration: Long Term Contract
Overview: Seeking high-level IT Professionals to provide ACAS/HBSS System Administration duties including reviewing, analyzing, and documenting security vulnerability and compliance scans within the National Military Command Center.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Installation, monitoring, testing, troubleshooting, and administration of the ACAS/Nessus Vulnerability Scanner applications
- Experience with vulnerability scanning tools to include and understanding of Vulnerability Management System and Continuous Monitoring and Risk Scoring.
- Experience with security architectures - Experience in Windows, Linux, and UNIX operating system administration
- Provide technical support to customers involving a wide range of software, hardware, and DoD specific applications with respect to the ACAS solution
- Experience with network design, LAN/WAN systems and lab configuration to include the following capabilities: Installing, operating, and maintaining routers, switches, domain controllers, member servers, clients, etc. Ability to replicate client environment issues Understanding networking support to include TCP/IP, DNS, and SMTP issues
- Analyze and assist in the application of (STIGs) and (IAVAs)
- Ensure scheduled scans are covering 100% of intended assets and are being run successfully
- Ensure SC is being updated regularly; address unsuccessful updates of the SC and identify the root cause of the unsuccessful update
- Configure, optimize, and test vulnerability scans against new and existing Operating Systems and platforms
- Perform Nessus vulnerability scans, Nessus agent scans
- Perform scan policy analysis & configuration to determine the impact of vulnerability scanning against target devices
- Troubleshoot credential failure issues by performing configuration analysis against the target device
- Conduct vulnerability analysis, research, collaborate with System Administrators to mitigate identified vulnerabilities and/or author Plans of Actions and Milestones (PO&AM) as needed
- Configure, operate, and maintain HBSS and its components (ePolicy Orchestrator, McAfee Agent, Data Loss Prevention, Host Intrusion Prevention System, Policy Auditor, ESS, Asset Baseline Monitor, and Virus Scan Enterprise) on Windows and Linux creating exceptions to allow essential processes to continue uninterrupted
- Provide guidance on vulnerability and malware remediation.
- Ability to analyze the customer’s needs and identify security requirements / solutions.
- Experience with DoD STIGS, IA Tools (SCCVI, SCRI, Host Based Security System) , program, and Risk Management Framework
- Experience with Remedy
- Security+ or above IAT Level II certification.
- Effective communication and presentation skills (i.e., ability to present ideas effectively in formal and informal situations in group and individual settings).
- Strong planning, organizational, and time management skills (i.e., ability to effectively plan, organize, and prioritize work, and to control and follow up to assure work completion).
- Demonstrated initiative (i.e. initiate appropriate action without being directed) and ability to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills (e.g., ability to work effectively on teams, communicate effectively, work/interact effectively and amicably with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures and with diverse personal attributes).
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.