Location: Joint Base Andrews
Clearance: Candidates must be able to obtain and/or maintain a DoD Secret clearance as a condition of employment
Duration: Long Term Contract
Shift Hours: Day Shift; core support hours are 0600 -1800
If interested please send an email to email@example.com with your updated word document resume.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serve as an integral member of a team of Tenable specialists supporting various organizations across the Air Force District of Washington (AFDW)
- Provide performance tuning to systems and troubleshoot Tenable components which span a large and complex environment
- Provide solution engineering support to ensure systems and components meet current and future standards
- Install updates to Tenable software as released and in compliance with STIG requirements
- Deploy, maintain, and perform tuning of Tenable scanners to meet current and future needs
- Develop / create, deploy, and manage Tenable scan configurations
- Ensure that the ACAS scanners and Security Center are operational and reporting properly
- Assist customers in resolving ACAS issues, make recommendations as needed
- Perform monthly vulnerability scans and create repositories, queries, and dashboards as necessary to ensure vulnerability report information is available
- Investigate false positives or potentially confusing scan data results
- Develop tracking mechanism for false positives and track false positives until the finding is corrected; provide results upon resolution
- Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Information Systems, or related discipline and 8+ years of direct experience; or Master’s degree and 6+ years of experience. Additional relevant/specialized training and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Possess a current DoD 8570 compliant certification for IAT Level II, e.g. Security + w/CE prior to start.
- Must hold active DoD Secret clearance or higher.
- Experience running ACAS on Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- Hands-on experience with general RHEL administration and troubleshooting
- Demonstrated experience with multiple network security zones, subnetting, VRFs, and VLANs
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic finding.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.