IP & MPLS Network Architecture
Length: Direct Hire
Shift/ Hours mon-Fri 8Am -5PM EST
On call/ rotation: NO
Is it approved Yes
When will they start:7/11
Salary: Max 115K
We are seeking a network Architect to lead the evolution of our key existing networks, enabling the newest technology capabilities and lowest cost profiles.
Build your experience in IP and data network technologies and services to new levels and domains while working with the leading-edge technologies This role would lead in IP and data network architecture and evolution, looking ahead towards next gen components and systems to propel the organization to the front edge of routing and switching technology and network cost efficiency.
Day to Day:
- Develop requirements for new IP routing and MPLS switching network solutions.
- Analyze requirements to meet growth and evolution in the data network domain platforms and products.
- Own RFx processes through feature, cost, and lab analysis.
- Anticipate and understand new routing technology and protocols.
- Design, prototype, test, and deploy new L2 and L3 services.
- Recommend new hardware and software for testing and deployment.
- Write test plans, execute tests, install and remove hardware and connectivity in the lab.
- Write scripts and develop tools to automate test cases.
- Cost model new network systems and technologies in comparison to each other and to existing network designs.
- Perform hands-on testing with network test equipment in a field trial and lab environment.
- Provide documentation and handoff of tested and approved data network hardware to downstream Engineering and Operations teams.
- Support deployment through development of new documentation and quality assurance through network First Office Application.
- Position is responsible for day-to-day work priority and progress against corporate goals.
Required Skill & Technologies:
- 7-10 years working in the development, testing and deployment of new IP routing and switch technology, network engineering, and network automation
- experience in communication service provider core and edge IP networks
- Experienced at evaluating and selecting new technologies and systems in routing, switching, IPoDWDM integration, and network automation leveraging
- experience in:
- ISIS, BGP, SR-MPLS, LDP, IP planning and analysis tools, thin vs. thick core designs, network virtualization, and network security practices
- Cisco, Juniper, Nokia, and/or Ciena routing products of various silicon, O/S, and fabric generations
- Further knowledge and use of disaggregated routing solutions using merchant silicon, network O/S, and VNF integrations
- L2 and L3 services models, including designs for end-to-end QoS, SLA, OAM, and SAT
- In depth understanding of communications service provider industry;
- in depth knowledge of many data network engineering disciplines and vendor equipment including IP routing, MPLS switching, Ethernet, IPoDWDM, network management, and test equipment operations
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.