Optical Network Architecture
Length: Direct Hire
Shift/ Hours mon-Fri 8Am -5PM EST
On call/ rotation
Is it approved Yes
When will they start:7/11
Salary: Max 130K
This network Architect would lead the evolution of our key existing networks, enabling the newest technology capabilities and lowest cost profiles.
Build your experience in optical transport network technologies to new levels and domains while working with the leading-edge technologies.
Day to Day:
- Develop requirements for new optical network solutions.
- Analyze requirements to meet growth and evolution in Transport domain platforms and products.
- Own RFx processes through feature, cost, and lab analysis.
- anticipate and understand new optical technology and review its application to the network.
- Recommend new hardware and software for testing and deployment.
- Write test plans, execute tests, install and remove hardware and connectivity in the lab.
- Write scripts and develop tools to automate test cases.
- Cost model new network systems and technologies in comparison to each other and to existing network designs.
- Perform hands-on testing with network test equipment in a field trial and lab environment.
- Provide documentation and handoff of tested and approved transport hardware to downstream Engineering and Operations teams.
- Support deployment through development of new documentation and quality assurance through network First Office Application.
- Position is responsible for day-to-day work priority and progress against corporate goals.
Required Skill & Technologies:
- College degree and 7+ years’ experience or 10 years in a combination of education and related Engineering/Technical experience
- 7-10 years working in the development, testing and deployment of optical technology, network engineering, and network automation experience in a communication service provider environment
- Experienced at evolving existing and establishing new optical testbeds, enhancing testing methods/procedures, and developing test case automation within a network lab facility
- Proven track record of evaluating and selecting new technologies and systems in ROADM, amplifier, coherent transmission, IPoDWDM integration, and automation
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.