Apex Systems has an immediate opening for an Applications Development Lead located in Charlotte, NC location.
The Applications Development Lead is a working manager position, performing various development and administration tasks of their own while managing the work of other applications team members. Must be able to guide, coach and mentor software development team members. Establish and maintain relationships with existing and prospective internal user communities to ensure proper interpretation of applications requirements. Work with outside software solution companies as needed to provide an appropriate level of support. The client will be starting a project to modernize current customer portal. This Lead role will have a key role in the project.
Major Job Responsibilities ( not all inclusive):
- Manage team of developers responsible for the development, maintenance, and support of custom IT Applications with a focus on Microsoft, SAP integration and customer portal technologies.
- Member of project team for the development of new customer portal.
- Assist in evaluating new requirements to determine if purchasing or developing applications is the appropriate approach for a solution.
- Ensure the Application Development team uses sound practices and processes for implementing custom developed and packaged solutions.
- Develop, implement and maintain a team organization that ensures skills and capacity for project and enhancement work while providing support for production applications.
- Maintain knowledge of best practices in development processes and software architecture.
- Work with internal business users and business analysts to determine and document the technical requirements of a software system.
- Providing insight to business analysts and project managers on applying various development technologies to enhance business processes and productivity.
- Determining application requirements, developing approaches to solve problems, and executing plans to build working solutions.
- Effectively communicating project plans, status, issues, approaches for issue resolution and roadblocks at a level appropriate to the individual project stakeholder.
- Performing development in a variety of development languages and platforms:
- Creating windows services, Web API, ASP.NET MVC and WinForm applications in C# code in Microsoft Visual Studio,
- Creating Tables, Views, Triggers and Stored Procedures in Microsoft SQL Server,
- Creating Calculation Views and Table Valued Functions in SAP HANA Studio, and Creating web applications in SAP UI5 and other front-end web frameworks.
- Providing “back-line” support for in-house developed software applications.
- Work with AMS Partner to enhance support capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- Motivation and drive to be a team leader- willingness to learn how to lead others and take on more responsibilities
- Experience leading agile team projects is a bonus
- Experience in technologies such as .NET, PHP, C#/C++ and Microsoft .NET framework development
- Customer portal development experience.
- A solid background in applications programming
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (including proficiency in written communication).
- Ability to solve complex and complicated problems.
- Detail oriented and highly analytical.
- A self-motivated desire for continual learning relating to business processes and software development methodologies.
Preferred (but not required) Experience:
- Experience implementing OData interfaces in SAP HANA XSOData and in .NET.
- Experience developing SAP HANA Calculation Views and SAP HANA Table Valued Functions.
- Competitive salary;
- Comprehensive benefits to include:
- 401(k) with employer match
- Retirement Account
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible spending accounts
- Wellness Program with medical premium incentives
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.