Network Engineer - III
Apex Systems is seeking a Remote Network Implementation Engineer III to work for one of the country’s largest telecom companies! These exciting positions offer candidates the opportunity to work with a professional and passionate team.
If interested in applying to the Remote Network Implementation Engineer III opening, please send an updated resume to Jackie Quint at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Network Implementation Engineer III
MUST HAVE SKILLS (Most Important):
Bachelors degree or four or more years of relevant work experience
* Experience with IP Layer 1-3 for Edge Networks and strong knowledge of MPLS
* Hands on experience with virtualization of networks and implementing updates and changes on working devices
* Willingness to work a flexible schedule and an occasional weekend as necessary
* Functional knowledge of TCP/IP (IPv4 and IPv6)
* Knowledge of spine and leaf fabric networking
* Working knowledge of VXLAN and BGP
* Work on your own with limited supervision and be accountable for all your actions
* Ability to clearly communicate ideas in order to lead phone calls to implement changes and thoroughly test for any residual issues after implementing network changes
* Layer 1 troubleshooting knowledge
* The ability to follow instructions and implement MOPs
* Strong work ethic and work extremely well in a team environment
* CCNA or CCNP certifications.
* Hands on experience with Nokia SR-OS devices.
* Experience with virtualization technology in a corporate environment.
* Knowledge of Cloud Computing (VMWare, Openstack, AWS, Azure, or similar). Some experience with data center and cloud technologies such as Linux OS, VMware, Open-Stack, and Ansible.
* Five or more years of experience that involved working on large, complex data networks.
* Experience working with data networking gear and troubleshooting data networking problems involving: TCP/IP, BGP, MP-BGP, OSPF, MPLS, IPv4, IPv6, L2VPN, L3VPN, SIP, and other advanced LAN/WAN technologies and concepts.
* Experience with planning for multiple technical projects AND implementing them by working with people using multiple lines of communications (phone, e-mail, face to face, etc.) in order to deliver them on time.
* Solid understanding of 3G and 4G call flow.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the advanced configuration and operating system upgrades of carrier-class Cisco, Juniper and Nokia equipment that tie together a complex, multivendor nationwide data network. The Engineer will also be responsible for working on up and coming virtualization technologies in the Great Lakes and North East Markets. They will assist with and perform implementation responsibilities for one or more COINs and work closely with the Implementation and Engineering teams to carry out our strategic technology goals and transition from VXLAN to the eNSE platform. This new network leverages virtualization and software defined networking to transform how we provide products and services while maintaining our position as the industry leader. Verizon is seeking a motivated and driven engineering professional who will assume responsibilities for engineering IP networking build projects and work closely with the Capacity Planning, Design and Operations teams to implement our strategic technology goals.
* Will work the 3rd shift at night, 10-hours, 4-night work weeks (Monday - Thursday nights) on our implementation team.
* Plan, prioritize, and schedule maintenance window changes with many groups both inside and outside the office with minimum supervision during the daytime and then implement these changes during scheduled maintenance windows while adhering to corporate standards.
* You will need hands-on experience configuring routers, switches and related network equipment. Preferably: Cisco Carrier Routing Systems (CRS), Cisco Network Convergence System (NCS), ASR 9K, ISR 3945, Nexus 3K, 7K, 9K, Juniper MX-480, MX-960, Nokia 7705/7750. Operating Systems: IOS, XR-IOS, NX-OS, JunOS.
* Implement configuration changes for the directional Intelligent Edge Networks. These include but are not limited to:
o SAP eNSE fabric
o Access eNSE fabric
o EPC element migration to eNSE
o ISP peering routers
o VCP Edge connectivity
o eNSE connectivity to MSE and UT
o Leveraging automation tools like Python, NSO, DCNM, VTS, Pronghorn and Nuage to complete the above projects.
* Solid understanding of Networking specific technologies: IPV6, L2VPN, L3VPN, OSPFv3, MPBGP, QOS/Traffic Engineering, MPLS (LDP & TDP) and VRFs
* Build networks for interconnection to VCP platforms for growth, capacity and expansion.
* Turn up new and disconnect older circuits of varying bandwidths using procedures written by both an internal engineering group and outside vendors. The work is done in parallel with other internal groups.
* Perform BAU maintenance work such as ACL updates and software upgrades on border, spine, and access leafs in eNSE.
* Utilize network monitoring tools, during maintenance windows, to ensure that all monitored network equipment is functioning in accordance with company standards and policies, both before and after changes are made.
* Regularly assist team members in an over watch role during cutovers, migrations, and upgrades through network monitoring tools to ensure customer service interruptions do not occur.
* Take accountability to review MOPs and automated dry-run outputs with the engineering team before any scheduled change to ensure accuracy.
* Engage in both intra and interdepartmental communication to plan, schedule, prioritize, and prepare for maintenance window activities.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.