Structural Test Engineer
***Heads up: This is NOT a software/QA position. Candidate will be testing the hardware structures (such as the metals, bolts, physical components) of the clients aircrafts***
Structural Test Engineer (3 engineer openings / 3 technician openings)
Location: Tukwila, WA
Type: 12 month contract with heavy emphasis on extension/conversion
- Assists in demonstrating the effectiveness of test methods within Engineering.
- Develops simple test procedures, and instrumentation and configuration definition needed to perform the test and minimize risk.
- Designs component and sub-assembly level hardware and uses analytical tools to verify the design.
- Assists in coordinating the manufacture and assembly of test hardware.
- Identifies solutions to basic problems and supports the development of metrology processes, methods, and tools.
- Supports development of test debrief material.
- Participates in evaluation of test performance data.
- Reviews test data for accuracy, quality and/or fidelity prior to delivery to customer.
- Alerts senior engineers of off-nominal data.
- Prepares test reports for review.
Education / Experience: Bachelor's degree and typically 2 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a Master's degree with experience in an engineering classification.
Required: Bachelor or Master degree from an accredited course of study in engineering
- Supports the development and verification of test methods.
- Develops detailed test procedures, and instrumentation and configuration definition, needed to perform the test and minimize risk within the constraints of the test plan.
- Develops solutions to calibration systems problems of limited scope and impact. Designs test hardware, software and systems to achieve test requirements.
- Uses analytical tools to verify the design. Analyzes, processes, and formats data to customer requirements.
- Reviews test data, including off-nominal data, for accuracy, quality and/or fidelity prior to delivery to customer.
- Prepares and publishes test reports to document test results and satisfy requirements.
- Presents test results internally.
- Archives data and reports.
• Analytical Skills (Technical)
• Business Acumen
• Design Concepts & Techniques
• Engr Knowledge/Comprehension
• Mechanical/Struct Eng Principles
• Engineering Processes
• Aircraft test experience, component or materials testing
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.