Network Design Engineer - II
***Apex Systems is looking for a Network Design Engineer. If interested in this position please email your resume to email@example.com***
JOB TITLE: Network Design Engineer
JOB DESCRIPTION: Voice Engineering specialist focused on maintaining appropriate levels of interconnect capacity in the voice switched network. Support critical high visibility voice switched network projects requiring interconnection planning
LOCATION: REMOTE position based out of Freehold, NJ.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree or five years relevant experience.
- Candidate must have strong working knowledge of voice switch networks including a strong background in PSTN call flows and functionality
- Provide voice interconnection planning in support of existing TDM and IP infrastructure by maintaining capacity levels in alignment with required thresholds
- Ability to work closely with Voice Carrier customers to provide support for direct interconnection and possess good working knowledge of voice call flows in the PSTN
- Partner well with internal peers and establish good working relationships cross organizationally with our Voice Planning, IT, Engineering, Operations and Carrier Relations teams
- Support operations as a point of escalation for troubleshooting and development of Root Cause Analysis for issues impacting the voice interconnection network
- Provide trending analysis of TDM and VoIP interconnects to maintain P.01 grade of service
- Support high visibility network transformation and reliability projects requiring new network interconnection including 911
- Develop trunk plans and initiate internal orders in support of network interconnection
- Process and support external orders from carrier partners
- Help project manage orders and downstream processes to ensure timely activation of network trunking
- Self-starter, independent with the ability to multitask.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills that drive teamwork
- Demonstrates continuous learning habits and flexibility
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.