We are seeking a sharp Desktop Support technician to sit onsite in Richmond, VA. If you are interested in hearing more about the position below, please send your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Provides support for technical devices, networks, servers, and related software/applications. Supports incident management for multi-platform environments that require procedural disciplines and applicable technical disciplines. Performs line-of-business production support tasks including quickly identifying and deploying appropriate management and technical support resources required for a wide variety of customer applications and operational problem events.
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong oral and written communication, ability to interact on required information and concepts with people at all levels of the organization. Ability to translate highly technical information into non-technical terms for end-users
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office along with various other software applications as needed for the role
• Proficient ability to install, configure, troubleshoot and monitor various devices, hardware, and software applications
• Thorough knowledge of field and industry practices
• Position requires continuous visual concentration and manual dexterity to operate PC • Requires regular sitting and standing/walking
• Continuous lifting and carrying, pushing, and pulling of up to forty pounds; occasional lifting and carrying of up to one hundred pounds
• May require extended work hours and/or schedule flexibility as unexpected situations and/or workflow dictate
• Occasional domestic travel including overnight stays may be necessary
• 3 to 5+ years of relevant work experience • HS diploma required; Associate’s degree preferred
• Provides support for devices, hardware, and software/ applications ; works with department and customers to resolve and troubleshoot moderately complex technical issues
• Participates in problem analysis and root cause analysis
• Assists with relocation of PCs, surplus equipment and disposal activities; may maintain asset inventory
• Verifies authority using various tools, and administering access to securely perform support tasks
• Proactively addresses customer connectivity and availability interruptions
• Provides essential communication support during IT incidents or operational problems • May participate in special project teams to address end-user computing needs and technical integration
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.