Office365 Mail/Mobile Engineer
Apex Systems has a need for a Office365 Mail/Mobile Engineer to support one of our largest clients. This will be a 100% remote opportunity.
Under the direction of the Development and Engineering Lead, Product Manager, Program Manager and Deputy Program Manager, you will be responsible, to include, but not limited to:
• Collaborate with Identity Management, Collaboration, Messaging, and Mobility Services resources to reach quality results and progressive achievements. Able to understand cross-team dependencies to ensure new or changed solutions comply with OIT vision, environment, and Security considerations.
• Identify opportunities for improved user experience based on knowledge of existing solutions, current user technology, M365 Roadmap and industry trends. Understand requirements gathering, evaluation, testing and lifecycle management for hardware & software.
• Support pilot and velocity migration of an existing MDM MaaS360 implementation into Microsoft Intune/ Microsoft Endpoint Manager (MEM)
• Assist with the development of an Intune solution that incorporates Derived Creds, Outlook Mobile, Microsoft Office Mobile app,
• Contribute to the delivery of MDM project document deliverables and artifacts
• Develop and produce MDM activity, performance, compliance, and enrollment reports.
• Recommend improvements in Mobile Application Management posture
• Support efforts for large scale exchange administration automation for user T0 self-service and admin support for day to day operations.
• Perform day-to-day Email administration tasks leveraging a combination of Microsoft Exchange Management Console and Exchange Management Shell (EMC/EMS) and the O365 ECP to manage end user mailboxes, shared mailboxes, distribution list, Room mailboxes and Public Folders.
• Leverage Microsoft Exchange Management Console and Exchange Management Shell (EMC/EMS) and the O365 ECP to create new end user mailboxes, shared mailboxes, distribution list, Room mailboxes and Public Folders.
• Perform day-to-day Active Directory management by updating and creating new security groups, update accounts permissions, manage Users and Workstations Organizational Units (OUs).
• Provide consultation on Group Policy (GPO) management as it relates to Outlook configurations and settings.
• Create and maintain documentation related to Email processes and ConOps on a quarterly basis.
• Take the Lead with issue escalation by Deskside support team for client access issues for resolution.
• Routinely evaluate related email processes and work for continued process improvement and automation and make informed decision for implementation with proper change process.
• Create new and modify existing PowerShell scripts to automate reporting or administrative tasks based on extensive knowledge of Exchange Management Shell and create new processes.
• Provide input on strategic planning for the ongoing design, development and improvement of messaging infrastructure, including requirements and implications as they relate to business continuity and disaster recovery and recommend solutions to Management for consideration.
• Participate as required with DevOps oriented Agile Scum sprints for Email related projects and enhancements.
• Stay abreast of current and emerging technologies, regularly analyzing and evaluating their impact and benefit to the customer and provide recommendations to management and leadership.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, or Computer Science with 4-8 years of progressive experience or Master’s Degree in relevant field with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience.
• Good understanding of Microsoft Azure
• Expert understanding of MDM and MAM methodologies
• Expert understanding of Microsoft Intune / Microsoft Endpoint Manager
• Expert understanding of Apple Business Manager and Volume Purchasing Program (VPP)
• Experience deploying Intune App protection policies
• Experience in PowerShell scripting for Exchange online, Active Directory and Skype for Business
• Solid understanding of standard client/server, networking, TCP/IP, and internet fundamentals.
• Strong understanding of O365 authentication methodologies
• Demonstrated understanding of deploying BYOD mobile policies
• Demonstrated understanding of deploying Outlook Mobile
• Must have a strong knowledge of exchange administration automation through PowerShell.
• Strong Active Directory Group/User object manipulation.
• Solid understanding of infrastructure services: DNS, WINS, DHCP.
• Solid understanding of Group Policies.
• Strong technical writing and presentation skills with ability to effectively communicate with all levels of customer organization (technical resources, management)
• Strong experience with administering Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, 2013 & O365 Exchange Online mailboxes, Distribution Groups and Shared Mailboxes.
• Strong experience with administering Active Directory environment using Windows 2008 or 2012 Servers.
• Previous experience working in an agile scrum environment.
• Previous experience employing DevOps methodologies.
• Experience with multiple coexistent MDM platforms.
• Experience implementing DISA STIGs on mobile devices with respect to Intune policies
• Experience with O365 licenses with respect to Intune / MEM
• Experience integrating OneDrive or BOX on Mobile devices
• Experience with an MDM environment serving over 2000 mobile devices with a Federal agency
• Experience deploying mobile devices with Apple iOS 14 and 15
• Experience implementing MDM solution with Derived Credentials
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.