Senior Back-end Software Engineer (Remote)
As a Senior Back-end Software Engineer, you’ll help architect our systems and serve as a technical leader on our team. In addition to extensive coding, you will participate in our release planning, scoping, and road mapping activities. We’ll count on you to have deep technical discussions and creative brainstorms in pursuit of innovative mobile, web, and API-driven banking products. Further, you’ll have the opportunity to mentor and teach others on our team and within our company about effective technical design and best practices.
• Designing, developing, and maintaining REST API’s (NodeJS on AWS Lambda) Building, testing, and deploying with CI/CD pipelines (GitHub Actions)
• Deploying and maintaining supporting infrastructure (AWS with Terraform) Coordinating and integrating with 3rd parties
• Performing code reviews and mentoring for fellow developers
• Helping plan and scope technical requirements and implementation details • Participating in an on-call rotation
• Participating in an Agile/SCRUM development methodology
-You’re motivated and hardworking.
-You’re excited and energized by working in a fast-paced, startup environment.
-You’re detail oriented.
-You handle stress well.
-You care a lot about creating an exceptional user experience.
- You’re driven to create something big. You have lofty ambitions and want to be part of a team that changes an industry.
- 8+ years of professional software development experience 1-2 years of DevOps experience 1-2 years of hands-on experience with AWS technologies (direct experience with Lambda, API Gateway, CloudFront, VPC, and Dynamo a plus)
- Hands-on experience designing, developing, and maintaining REST API’s and supporting libraries Experience writing unit, E2E, and functional tests (Jest experience preferred)
- Experience instrumenting, monitoring, and debugging production systems and applications
- Experience owning a project through the entire development lifecycle (inception, design, implementation, and maintenance) Comfortable leading integrations with external API’s and systems A security-conscious mindset and willingness to work in a highly sensitive and regulated environment
- Experience working with infrastructure as code (IaC) is a plus (Terraform preferred) Full-stack experience is a plus (React preferred)
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.