Equipment Maintenance Lead
Role: Equipment Maintenance Lead
Project Scope and Brief Description: The qualified candidate will successful develop and implement a maintenance, support and reliability program for a new seed handling facility. Build and maintain partnerships across the scientific community to deliver business impact solutions and be dedicated to the support, preventative maintenance, calibration, troubleshooting and issue resolution to the production environment.
- Support mechanical, electrical, controls (including vision and scanners), pneumatic systems
- Analyze and troubleshoot problems related to conveyors, robots, AGVs, sensors, valves, VFD’s, barcode scanners, printing systems, controls
- Ability to troubleshoot and work on electrical control systems
- Advanced/Intermediate PC, networking, and software skills
- Generally, maintain, drive reliability and perform equipment and instrumentation support in a clean and professional environment with a single peak, 4 month high throughput season, running from January through April
- Partner closely with engineers, production leaders and other support team members for continuous improvement and cross-training
- Visually inspect assigned equipment to identify problems such as leaks, unusual noises & smells, excessive temperature, proper fluid levels, filter cleanliness, power supply problems, electrical distribution equipment trouble, motor maintenance, control and instrumentation anomalies, and perform follow-up repairs or coordinate to make repairs when problems are found.
Perform PMs and lubrication per schedules which includes,
- Replacing conveyor belts/rollers/motors
- Cleaning/adjusting/replacing sensors and cables
- Evaluating, adjusting and replacing power transmission components
- Repair/replace worn mechanical components
- Assist with implementation of CMMS system and champion its use
- Track and maintain spare parts inventory
- Maintain time and equipment records.
- Coordinate tier III support with engineers/technicians and vendors
- Associates Degree and equivalent experience of 4 year preferred
- Knowledge of operation and maintenance of mechanical, electrical, controls and electronic systems
- Knowledge of advanced automation
- Excellent writing, communication, listening and comprehension skills
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.