Sr. Software Engineer
Job Description: Sr Software Engineer
Location: Remote, or proximal to Irvine, CA or Schaumburg, IL
We are seeking a Sr Software Engineer who will be part of team that will build APIs hosted on private/public cloud and stream data from “On-Prem” to Public cloud. This team member will have access to trainings and resources to build their existing skillsets as they assist with cloud enablement of existing solution.
- Design, Development and Testing of Cloud Native Microservices using SpringBoot, SpringCloud and Kafka.
- Interpreting requirements into application design
- Agile development through collaborating with business and QA
- Ensuring the quality, architecture and accuracy of released code
- Be an individual contributor (very hands-on) as well as able to guide and mentor team members.
- CI/CD integration with Jenkins, Github
- Understanding client strategy and business objectives
- Ensuring on schedule, on budget, on scope delivery within client quality goals
- BS in computer science or equivalent
- 5+ years of hands on experience in Java, Spring Framework
- 5+ years of experience building Microservices
- 3+ years of hands on experience in Cloud, Container Tools and Technologies
- 3+ years of experience in communicating complex technical information effectively and appropriately to IT and business stakeholders
- Proven ability to rapidly deliver prototypes and proof-of-concept work to validate a proposed architectural approach
- Practical experience with public cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, or Google Cloud Platform.
- Practical experience with Kubernetes, Docker and GoLang
- Practical experience with NoSQL databases, preferably CosmosDB, DynamoDB, MongoDB or Cassandra
- Practical experience with Azure Search, or Elastic Search.
- Practical experience with Angular, or React.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Resourceful and works independently; seeks guidance on only the most complex tasks.
- Coaches, provides feedback, guides and mentors others
- Experience navigating organizational change and working in a matrix organization
- Proven success in implementing new technologies in large enterprises
- Excellent problem solving skills
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.