Laboratory Technician - Metals
We are looking for a Lab Technician in Monaca, PA to be responsible for the receiving tests and generating test plans based on customer purchase orders and / or material specification. This position is also responsible for all laboratory testing required to meet material specifications and /or customer purchase orders. The position provides support to manufacturing, Lab Technician Class II, and the leadership team. This position must be able to follow procedures and industry standards in a safe, professional manner required to complete job requirements.
- Heat treatment of test samples
- Tensile and double shear tests
- Hydrogen, oxygen, and nitrogen analysis
- Macro / Micro sample preparation and evaluation
- Hardness tests
- Material grade checks - spectrometry testing
- Wire drawing lubricant evaluation
- Wire drawing die inspections
- Evaluate nonconformances with technical and operations staff
- Develop testing instructions
- 4 or 2 Year Technical Degree or Experience in Laboratory Testing, Metals Manufacturing, or a Related Field. Chemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering, or Related.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to interpret and apply applicable standards and work to defined procedures.
- Experience in an ERP system such as Axis, Oracle, SAP, etc. is a plus
- Ability to work without close supervision and make sound independent decisions.
- Strong interpersonal skills - ability to effectively work with shop employees and supervisor.
- Ability to analyze data and problem solve.
- Must be physically able to lift 25 pounds.
- Able to wear protective clothing when working with acids or high temperatures.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.