Role: Wireless Network Engineer
Duration: 6+ month contract to hire
Location: 100% Remote (EST/CST)
Apex System's is seeking a qualified Network Engineer for an exciting project with a large financial client. The Wireless Network Engineer Client’s corporate network engineering delivery team is responsible for deploying and supporting global network operations for a broad reaching, high performing internal network with high reliably and at scale. This individual will be assigned to the team will implement and optimize client's wireless local area network (WLAN) and other wireless technologies.
As a member of the team, this role has a direct impact on maintaining our wireless infrastructure running optimally. The engineer will help define technology standards, best practices and policies for our wireless infrastructure.
The Wireless Network Engineer will have a high level of interaction with our infrastructure vendors for operating hardware and software to meet client’s needs. Also will ensure that WLAN network operations are safe and efficient by monitoring network performance, coordinating planned maintenance, adjusting hardware components and responding to WLAN network connectivity issues.
The sustained growth of our network generates a constant stream of challenges which will require the person filling this role to continually be innovative with an evolving set of WLAN architectures and technologies. As such, the person in this role will fill the role as a subject matter expert for the wireless management and operation with the ability to work autonomously.
Responsibilities Include (not limited to):
- Plan, design, implement and maintain wireless networks to meet the business needs of a large enterprise
- Develop and recommend solutions to enhance wireless performance and stability
- Program and install wireless products from Aruba and Cisco
- Maintain Aruba and Cisco equipment and perform system upgrades including code and hardware upgrades Implement and manage rouge detection and containment, and other security requirements as recommended by information security leadership.
- Build out and manage centralized management platform in Aruba Airwave and Cisco DNA and add all sites and equipment. Establish and manage monitoring, alerting, and performance metrics.
- Seek ways to fine-tune existing wireless networks by adjusting RF settings, Client Matching, band steering and adjusting/changing areas of the network to provide optimal wireless solutions to the end-user population
- Write scripts to resolve support issues or automate infrastructure deployment and collect metrics Work with third party vendors and assist with equipment configuration, placement and provide suggestions for optimal equipment performance
- Work with internal groups to implement new sites including network security, end-users and other interested parties
- Develop training materials for the client NOC and/or Helpdesk so they can provide 1st-thru-3rd-level support to end users Document every new and existing site with network diagrams, management IP addresses, hardware lists, backup running-configuration and other information needed to troubleshoot any wireless issues.
- Thorough understanding of wireless authentication, security, and network management
- Experience designing and deploying wireless applications including mobility, VOIP, location-based services, and guest wireless
- Knowledge of Aruba and Cisco wireless controllers and all types of access points Ability to use EKAHAU to generate heat maps to provide optimal AP placement to produce wireless signal coverage and meet client requirements
- Knowledge of Aruba Remote Access Point (RAP) solution including Controller and AP configuration and self-provisioning
- Advanced Internetworking troubleshooting experience in a large-scale network environment • Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with packet capture and analysis products such as Wireshark
- Experience in utilizing industry standard network management tools such as; Solarwinds, Nagios, Netscout
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Knowledge of Cisco routing and switching is required to perform this position
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- 3+ years of experience with Aruba or Cisco WLAN infrastructure in large scale global deployments
- 3+ years of experience with 802.1x, RADIUS, EAP-TLS WLAN standards • 3+ years of experience with TCP/IP internals and the ability to analyze packet captures
- 3+ years of experience with LAN/WAN technologies, MPLS, IPsec, VPN, BGP, OSPF, RF Design, Surveying and troubleshooting skills
- A bachelor-level computer engineering or computer science degree or equivalent work experience
- Certifications such as the Aruba Certified Mobility Professional (ACMP) or Cisco Certificate Wireless Professional (CCNP:Wireless) or similar WLAN certifications or experience are an added plus
Please apply directly to this posting & send resumes to Ying Tong @ [email protected]
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.