Apex Systems has an opening with a client in Amarillo, TX for a Network Engineer. This position will support Supporting the Cisco network infrastructure in Hospital, Office, and data center environments.
Location: Amarillo, TX- Onsite
Duration/Type: 3 Month Contract to Hire
- Access to technical training platforms
- Vouchers for certifications
- Much more!
- Supporting the Cisco network infrastructure in Hospital, Office, and data center environments.
- Support Network Engineers/Architects in design/implementation strategies.
- Maintain documentation related to network layout.
- Maintain security policies for the Cisco environment.
- Ensure that requirements for high availability are in place for the Cisco environment.
- Work with Other Network Engineers to develop and improve their skill sets in a positive and constructive manner.
Education and Experience:
- Required-Associates’ degree in Information Systems / Computer Science or equivalent technical training.
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in Information Systems, preferably in the heath care industry.
- Minimum of 4 years experience with Cisco routing, switching and wireless products.
- Experience with implementing QOS/COS.
- CCNA certification required. CCNP, CCDP or CCIP certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Configuration of Complex Routing protocols and High Availability WAN architecture.
- Expert level configuration and troubleshooting experience with complex LAN Infrastructures, Ethernet, MPLS, and OSPF and BPG networks. PVST, Ether-channel/Port Channel configuration, Dot1.Q Trunking, VTP.
- High proficiency in the configuration and troubleshooting of advanced wireless networks including RF spectrum analysis, and interference remediation.
- Radio Channel Planning, Wireless Bridging.
- Highly Proficient in the operation and analysis of LAN and WAN packet captures, and Network Analysis.
- Proficient with DNS, DHCP, WINS configuration and troubleshooting.
- High proficiency with route summarization.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.