Apex Systems is actively hiring for a hybrid GIS Technician role with a Power and Utilities Client based in Roanoke, Virginia!
**For immediate consideration, please send your most up-to-date resume in a Word Document to: Alex at firstname.lastname@example.org**
Position Summary: Provide expertise in data creation through conversion of existing data sources into GIS data, expertise in field survey methods and differential correction, data file management, and development of cartographic products.
Essential Job Functions & Tasks:
- Create, revise and maintain technical data used for reports maps and sketches.
- Create, revise and maintain material and property equipment records.
- Obtain information required to perform work from multiple resources including; verbal/electronic communications, sketches, marked drawings, field notes, vendors' catalogs and technical reference manuals.
- Operate large scale plotters and other duplicating equipment.
- Work with other organizations of the company to resolve discrepancies to assure that data reflects accurate field conditions.
- Design and run moderately complex queries and reports defined to pull data from graphical and non graphical databases.
- Demonstrate a proficiency in various related data systems utilized to perform GIS duties.
- Assist in training others in the technical aspects of the various systems utilized to perform GIS duties.
- Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in GIS, Computer Science, Geography, Civil Engineering, Drafting or related field OR Associate's degree in GIS, Computer Science, Geography, Civil Engineering, Drafting or related field OR High School/equivalency.
- Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in GIS - 0 year related experience; non-GIS Bachelors or Associate's degree - 2 years related GIS experience; High School - 5 years related GIS experience
- Required License(s)/Certification(s):
- Valid state driver's license
- Physical demand level is Sedentary
- Must have strong working knowledge of conventional drafting symbols and drafting methods
- Have working knowledge of computer graphics and automated drawing methods and have the ability to distinguish colors
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Word, Excel and Access
- Travel required / Outside of business hours.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.