Responsible for the coordination, oversight, and execution to agreed schedule of assigned projects within Capital Markets.
Major duties include:
1. Provide leadership of virtual team in all phases of the project: from initiation/feasibility, during execution, and through roll out and implementation. Establish effective working relationships with business, product, and IT partners to ensure efficient processes are followed.
2. Engage appropriate management, partners and any other relevant parties necessary for successful completion of project as virtual team or ad hoc contributors during planning and implementation. Ensure dependencies are clearly understood, roles and responsibilities are defined and appropriately assigned to virtual team.
3. Prepare documentation to support project goals, ensuring agreement among stakeholders, and justification for project expenditures and keep track of these in an organized fashion.
4. Facilitate program or project execution through proper communication and standardized documentation:
• Design and maintain a project plan for execution and manage project to clearly-defined timeline
• Prepare and/or delegate procedural documentation, flowcharts, etc.
• Track all decisions, actions, risks and issues; work with relevant partners to resolve and escalate as needed
• Regularly communicate project status, progress and updates to virtual team and any other stakeholders, through defined standard processes and ad hoc, as needed
• Ensure impact to changes in cost or time are understood by virtual team and management
• Proactively escalate any risks or issues to virtual team and management
5. Ensures the bank's methodologies and standards are followed on all change initiatives regarding risk management.
6. Maintain accurate and timely budget forecast and actual spend; properly using our inhouse project tools to follow financial discipline.
Requires significant experience in project management and change initiatives; covering such areas as new product development, IT, client service, and operational efficiencies. A proven track record of success managing projects in a fast-paced environment with challenging deadlines, multiple priorities and limited resources.
- Must have strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills to manage complex projects
- Requires excellent communication skills (both written and oral) to consult with project stakeholders and management regarding status of projects
- Experience in budgeting, forecasting and resource allocation
- Demonstrate ability to quickly establish credibility and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in financial services, particularly Capital Markets
- PMI Certifications (PMP, PfMP, PMI-ACP) is highly recommended, but not required
- Agile certifications and/or experience in executing in Agile Scrum methodology a plus
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.