BioMedical Equipment Technician II (BMET2)
JOB SUMMARY: a brief description of the job.
The BioMedical Equipment Technician II (BMET2) provides clinical equipment services under the supervision of management. Duties include but are not limited to: Perform calibrations and repairs on equipment as assigned. Demonstrate knowledge of safe and approved troubleshooting techniques on medical devices. Read schematics and service manuals, consult with vendors and service representatives to assist in troubleshooting. Utilize test equipment and complete repairs in a time and cost-effective manner with patient safety as the primary focus. Document work performed and any significant performance data accurately and in a timely manner.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: minimum requirements to be considered qualified to do the job.
Required Minimum Education: Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Related Field or Military Service Training
Required Minimum Experience: 3+ years of experience in supporting medical devices and systems in a hospital environment.
Preferred Minimum Certification: A+ Certification or Net+ Certification or CCNA Certification or CBET Certification or PMP Certification or Equivalent Certification
Required Minimum Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Capable of interpreting building architectural and systems drawings and information. Able to compose and deliver presentations regarding medical devices and systems to clinical staff.
ROLE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, ROLES, AND FUNCTIONS: A set of competencies and functions that define the job’s reason for existence and the competencies needed to perform the job. Not to be confused with core competencies. 3-8 role specific competencies and add supporting functions/responsibilities. Provide the normal percentage of time spent on each major responsibility. % of Time Spent Total 100%
1. Responds to service calls to evaluate, diagnose, and perform corrective and preventative maintenance on biomedical equipment which requires moderate intervention. 30%
2. Performs safety acceptance testing on new medical equipment and on hospital equipment returned after service. 25%
3. Documents all repair, maintenance, installation, and other activity in a timely fashion using the department’s equipment management software and other mechanisms as needed. 20%
4. Coordinates with WellStar IT in support of planning, installation and servicing networked medical devices and systems. 5%
5. Serves as a customer relations representative for the department, correcting service deficiencies within the position’s scope of responsibility and relaying other issues to the Program Manager. Has working knowledge of and appropriate interaction with other support departments necessary for performing the BioMedical Department function. 5%
6. Maintains knowledge of current regulations and compliance standards for medical equipment and technology developments. Contributes to System/ Facility/ Department Quality & Performance Improvement efforts. Performs delegated functions of the BioMedical Engineering Department as delineated in the Medical Equipment Management Program Policies and Procedures Manual. 5%
7. Ensures proper care and accountability of Department, facility and peer tools and exercises judicious use of Department parts, supplies and other resources. 5%
8. Maintains knowledge of current regulations and compliance standards for medical equipment and technology developments. Contributes to System/Facility/Department Quality & Performance Improvement efforts. 5%
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.