Food R&D Lab Technician
Apex Systems has a fast-moving & immediate need for a Lab Technician with a premier client in Erlanger, KY. For immediate consideration, please send you most up-to-date resume to Sam at firstname.lastname@example.org or Andrew at email@example.com
Position: R&D Technician
Location: Erlanger, KY
Shift: M-F, 6AM-2PM
Rate: $20-25/hr based on experience
The ideal candidate will have a scientific background & lab experience and be comfortable and familiar with lab technician tasks such as: weighing, batching, compounding, equipment calibrations, wet chemistry techniques, bottling, labeling and and preparing samples for shipping.
This opportunity also offers the unique ability to convert to a permanent employee at the end of the consultant period!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Batch food products, following a formula/recipe. Batching may include such steps as mixing/blending, stovetop cooking, baking and other basic preparation methods.
- Make formula adjustments under scientist supervision.
- Screen flavors in product bases under scientist supervision.
- Participate in product tastings and evaluations, prepare tasting sheets.
- Prepare samples to ship (package and label samples).
Key Technical Skills and Knowledge
- High school diploma or higher with minimum of 1 – 3 years of experience.
- Basic math skills, including percentage calculations.
- Basic science and laboratory skills, including using a balance (scale), pH meter and other laboratory equipment.
- Computer skills – Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, comfortable learning computer systems and programs.
Key Success Factors
1. Team Player - The Individual will be capable of being a member of a group who cooperates with other people and who balances personal interests in order to achieve a common goal.
2. Clear Communication - The Individual will be capable of expressing a message to other people clearly and unambiguously, either in written or verbal format.
3. Time Management Skills - The Individual will be capable of managing their time commitments to get tasks done correctly in the time stipulated.
4. Detail Oriented - The Individual will be capable of clearly identifying, following and delivering specifically necessary details for projects assigned.
5. Action Oriented - The Individual will have a predisposition to planning and quickly engaging appropriate activities when given a task or goal.
6. Dependable - The individual will be able to be trusted to meet deadlines, quality parameters and action standards as provided.
CONTACT: CincinnatiDelivery@ApexSystems.com; (513) 657-7100
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.