Apex Systems is hiring for a strong Developer, please apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to hear more about the role and submittal process. Thanks!
Fully REMOTE - Dashboard Developer
This position is on the Data Modernization Team within the Center for Health Data and Analysis and to will focus on dashboard infrastructure, dashboard creation, and maintenance. This will include the development and implementation of agency-wide dashboard infrastructure and best practices to build and maintain internal/external dashboards and provide sustainability for the dashboard work that is already established. Dashboards provide a method for data reporting and response that is flexible, scalable, and visually appealing to inform timely and data-driven decision making.
- Coordinate with internal and external partners, including IT and Informatics, and facilitation of agency-wide workgroups
- Work across functions and divisions to ensure accurate capture of all data
- Identify and implement infrastructure for agency-wide dashboard production.
- Develop and share dashboard and visualization best practices
- Create new dashboards that are interested in visual routine reporting.
- Responsible for all aspects of dashboard production, including data access and ETL processes.
- Assist in identifying Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as needed
- Provide guidance on ideal display/drill down of available data
- Routinely update some dashboards as needed for areas of the Department that do not have existing resources
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated skills in effective project management and leadership
- Knowledge of dashboarding best practices
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of audiences, such as department officials, academic partners, and community representatives
- Strong interpersonal and cultural competency as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and effectively deliver presentations
Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Public Health or Science, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, computer science or related
- 3+ years’ experience with dashboard creation in PowerBI
- Experience identifying KPIs
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.