Apex Systems seeks a Database Admin for a state project. If you meet the requirements below, please send your resume to Kelly Williamson at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on the role and submittal process. Thanks!
- Development and implementation of a data governance and data science plan across the department
- Coordination with internal and external partners, including IT and Informatics, and facilitation of agency-wide workgroups.
- Develop and implement training on data sharing processes (internal and external)
- Identify data sharing management tool to track row level data requests.
- Develop Department-wide standards for data integrity and standardized formats.
- Utilize vendor to conduct assessments of optimal code base languages and code sharing.
- Assist with conducting assessment of needed data warehousing infrastructure.
- Identify cross-cutting data questions/projects for data science sprints, building on input gathered at design thinking sessions.
- Identify use cases for predictive analytics in public health.
- Utilize data science approach to address cross-cutting data questions and projects.
- Develop and implement a plan for increasing awareness and utilization of agile methodology and data science.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated skills in effective project management and leadership.
- Knowledge of data governance practices.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of audiences, such as department officials, academic partners, and community representatives.
- Strong interpersonal and cultural competency as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and effectively deliver presentations
Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Science, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, computer science or related
- Experience with data lakes and associated governance policies.
- Experience with data sharing protocols and security considerations, particularly for health-related topics
- Experience with data science and advanced analytics
- Experience with agile methodology
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.