Product Development Engineer III
Apex Systems is working with a progressive, global leader in the coatings industry who is growing and planning for their future. We are looking for a Product Development Engineer III . This position is located in the Greater Philadelphia area.
The ideal candidate will have a BS or MS in Engineering, Chemistry or Material Science with ~8 years of experience in the Fluoropolymer, Plastics or Rubber industries. You will also have 2 direct reports to lead and develop.
Product Development Engineer III
Summary Job Description:
This position plays a significant role in increasing market recognition and sales of assigned products by leading new and incremental product development for existing and new markets, sustaining product integrity, writing technical bulletins and reports, preparing and presenting complex papers at technical conferences, visiting customers, exchanging knowledge with global colleagues, and supporting other regions’ customers. This position provides technical support to customers through troubleshooting complex issues with existing products and providing material and process recommendations for existing and new products. This position may take a lead role on major projects.
- Takes the lead role in communicating with both existing and potential customers, resolving problems and answering customer questions involving formulations, material issues, and/or process issues
- Provides technical information and services to US and international customers, including visits to customer sites when necessary
- Provides technical support to resolve highly complex customer issues with existing product lines
- Hosts customers’ visits to the Technical Service Center to collaborate to find solutions to their problems
- Runs pilot plant trials at the customer’s locations and/or brings samples of the trials back to the Technical Service Center for testing, designing experiments and tests as necessary
- Evaluates customers’ samples and designs experiments, analyzes data and writes reports
- Works closely with R&D teams in both US and Asia and leads joint projects as appropriate
- Develops new formulations and generates data in the lab to support both existing and potential customers
- Devises new approaches to problems encountered, working within conventional practices, but incorporating complex features
- Recommends, requests, and maintains equipment necessary for a full-service laboratory
- Conducts laboratory testing using and maintaining lab equipment
- Writes technical papers at conferences and participates in trade shows when needed
- Maintains familiarity with customer needs and changing market requirements in the markets of assigned product(s)
- Supervise one or more Technicians and/or Technical Support Engineers
- Non-Essential Functions:
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science, Chemicals or Materials Engineering, or related field and at least 10 years of related experience
- Eight to twelve years’ experience formulating and testing relevant materials
- Strong computer skills in MS, related laboratory skills
- Ability to interact effectively with customers and sales staff
- Willing to travel 20-30% of the time. Some international travel is required
Send resumes to [email protected] for Immediate Consideration!
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.