Service Desk (Journeyman)
Enterprise Server Support provides the IT linkage between the customer and the infrastructure. Server Support operations and management consist of physical and virtual servers requiring complete life cycle support for all hardware, software, and services. All servers are housed within the agency’s Data Centers.
- Provide daily support for all hardware, software, and services for physical and virtual servers.
- Update and maintain (hardware and software) baseline artifacts; Review daily security and local event logs; Immediately report cybersecurity issues, Provide, update, and maintain (hardware and software) baseline; Work tickets IAW the Acceptable Quality Level (AQL)
- Provide Enterprise Server support to cover planning, analysis, testing, implementation, operations and maintenance, information assurance, cybersecurity, and final disposition of noted servers and or systems.
Knowledge/Experience must include:
- Customer Service/Support
- Windows Server
- Unix Server
- Linux Server
- HPUX Server
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Microsoft Sharepoint Server
- Microsoft Windows Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Microsoft Windows Active Directory
- Microsoft Azure Active Directory
- Microsoft 365
- Excellent Oral/Written Communication
- Remote Troubleshooting
- Hardware/Software Troubleshooting
- Data Backup/Restoral
- Ticketing System Experience (e.g. BMC Remedy/ServiceNow/SolarWinds/Ivanti)
- Associates Degree or HS/GED + 3 yrs in Windows Computing Environment
- Baseline Certification (required): CompTIA Security+ CE / CySA+ / SSCP / GSEC
- Computing Environment Certification in at least 1 area (required): Microsoft Certified: Windows Server Hybrid Administrator Associate or Microsoft Azure Administrator Associate
- Training (required): Must complete an ITIL Course (ITIL v4 recommended)
- Minimum Secret Clearance
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.