Principal Software Architect
Title: Principal Software Architect
Duration: 6 months contract to hire
Location: 100% Remote
Overview: One of our large financial services clients is looking for a principal software architect to be responsible for the overall design and architecture for a new project. You will play an instrumental role helping influence the technical direction of the project by setting standards for development, ensuring that the software is scalable, maintainable, and meets the needs of the organization. As the principal software architect, you will work closely with other teams, such as product management, QA, and Enterprise Architecture to ensure that the software meets the needs of the customer and is delivered on time and within budget. If this role fits what you're looking for, feel free to apply!
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand business requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
- Lead a team of software developers and provide guidance on software design, development, and testing.
- Participate and facilitate Agile meetings including Poker Planning, Iteration Planning, Daily Scrum, Iteration Review, and Retrospectives.
- Set & maintain standards for code quality and maintainability, with a focus on extensibility, code reuse, and thorough testing.
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to other developers.
Expected Technical Background:
- You have extensive experience scaling & working with enterprise systems.
- You have experience with managing many vendors and 3rd party APIs.
- You are passionate about designing & developing high-throughput, high performance, and responsive systems.
- You have experience with orchestration platforms (like Mulesoft, Apigee) and with messaging tools (Queuing, Pub/Sub, Kafka).
- You have experience deploying & scaling enterprise applications using GCP services and Kubernetes.
- You have familiarity with domain driven design, API first development, and test-driven development.
- You have experience working with both non-relational and relational databases and can speak to differing strategies for partitioning and protecting client data.
- You have experience working on projects with high code coverage and good documentation, especially self-documenting code.
- Familiarity with Java 8+ concepts such as streams, lambdas, and new multithreading frameworks. Some knowledge of ORMs such as JPA and Hibernate.
- 10+ years of software engineering experience or similar project experience
- 5+ years of experience working in large highly regulated organizations, such as finance or healthcare
- Experience leading teams in developing complex enterprise software. This includes automated build, automated system, integration, & unit tests.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science; Master’s degree preferred
- Startup or entrepreneurship experience is a plus
- Spring Boot
- Spring MVC
- Any ORM
- Oracle, MySQL, or Postgres
- GCP tools (Including but not limited to Cloud Run, GKE, Cloud Functions, Firebase)
- REST and SOAP
- Experience with Integration and Unit Testing Frameworks
- Alloy, a Vendor for Identity Decisioning [nice to have]
Nice to Have:
- Some experience or the ability to quickly learn modern UI frameworks: React and EcmaScript 6+, promises and observables, flux/redux patterns for state management, webpack and hot module replacement, test with enzyme or jester, interested in working with micro frontends using UI composition.
Please send resumes to Ying Tong at [email protected] & apply to this posting directly
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.