End User Technician - TS
If you are interested in this position, please email your most up to date resume to [email protected]
End User Support Technician
Location: Northwest Washington D.C.
End User IT Support Technicians are responsible for providing mission critical IT in support of DHS’s defense of the homeland. This position requires the highest level of customer service and technical proficiency. The candidate is responsible for delivering professional, high quality services directly to the customer, providing both remote and in-person support for new equipment installations and break/fix incidents. Sr. EUS technicians support and troubleshoot a variety of technologies (desktops, laptops, tablets, software, etc.) adhering to service level agreements. This candidate will support unclassified equipment, some of which is in classified space. This position is full-time on-site. This position requires a Top Secret Clearance.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides on-site technical support for hardware (laptops, printers, tablets, mobile devices) and peripherals, software (COTS, GOTS, Web), audiovisual display systems, and wireless technologies.
- Schedules and coordinates customer desk-side support for the installation of new software or to perform hardware or software break/fix activities.
- Sets-up and configures new end user equipment including laptops, mobiles devices, printers, copiers, VTC units, VoIP phones and other peripherals.
- Documents all changes in ServiceNow ticketing system to ensure all asset and configuration information is up to date.
- Reviews pending tickets daily, updating work details according to DSS ticket management procedures
- Investigates and resolves all connectivity issues related to IT equipment
- Performs daily checks with customers and their support staff
- Self-motivated and proactive – able to work independently and identify opportunities and develop new ideas for efficiencies
- Able to plan and prioritize workload to ensure objectives and tickets are achieved on time.
- Ability to perform in-depth troubleshooting skills on Windows Operating Systems (Windows 11), Microsoft Office products, and various Internet browsers to include Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox
- Experience with patch management software (e.g., SCCM)
- Experience installing, upgrading, and removing software
- Experience using ServiceNow service management software (or similar tool) to track incidents and service requests through the full lifecycle
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly (MS Operating Systems, Office Products, and DHS specified software).
- Advanced experience with Active Directory management & administration
- Knowledgeable of Problem Management best practice and processes
Experience and Education Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of relevant experience or equivalency (in absence of a BA, 6 years’ experience can be substituted for a total of 12 years experience or an AA + 8 years)
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.