Research Associate I (Protein Pilot Manufacturing)
Apex is hiring NOW for a talented and highly motivated individual for an pilot manufacturing position at their Gaithersburg site. This is a PERMANENT opportunity to join a growing organization and be part of a dedicated and innovative team.
*****If interested send your most updated resume to [email protected] with your best availability for a phone call*****
Role: Research Associate I (Protein Pilot Manufacturing)
Type: Full Time, M-F
Location: Gaithersburg, MD (onsite, 9-5pm)
Pay: 65K+/yr, dependent on experience
Role: Pilot scale protein expression and purification for downstream QC & manufacturing
- Be part of a dynamic work environment and independently carry out pilot scale protein expression and purification (under the supervision of the lead scientist) for downstream QC and Manufacturing
- Prepare necessary raw materials in laboratory pilot scale processes e.g. buffers, solvents, media, etc.
- Perform pilot / microscale experiments using batch and fed-batch fermentation bioreactors for protein over expression to identify improved protein expression, stability, and yield with downstream processes in mind.
- Use molecular biology / cloning techniques to design protein constructs which result in efficient purification schemes of membrane proteins when necessary.
- Perform robust data analysis of data from lab experiments and being responsible for documentation and reporting of technical progress and results in detail.
- BS/MS degree in Biochemistry, chemistry, biophysics or related field
- 1-2 years of experience working in an industrial bio-technology research laboratory with a pilot manufacturing focus – i.e., CMO, CRO
- In depth knowledge and experience with protein expression systems and aseptic techniques
- Experience with batch and fed batch bioreactors used in large scale upstream bioprocessing
- Experience with AKTA Pilot 600 and Cytiva Axichrom columns for resin packing and purification as part of downstream bioprocessing
- Good communication and team working skills.
- Ability to work independently and proactively in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Self-motivated and be able to handle multiple challenging targets with flexibility in adjusting priorities for project support
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, work short cycle times and flexible hours if required, and deliver results under pressure
- US work permit
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.