The DISA Operations Center, Services Executive and Computing Ecosystem is charged with the responsibility to operate and maintain information systems and other designated programs within the Ecosystem (comprised of the DISA Data Centers) and to provide support for computing operating systems to include UNIX (Solaris, AIX, HPUX), Linux, Windows (version 2003 and higher), and IBM and Unisys mainframe operating systems. This includes transformation, migration, optimization, modernization, and monitoring. In addition, the DISA Ecosystem provides premier data center installation and deinstallation services of IT equipment and cabling for network and communications, distributed server platforms, storage infrastructure, and components supporting administrative workspaces. These services support the agency and all DISA mission partners (MPs) during transformation, migration, optimization, modernization, and technical refresh activities.
• Installation, Integration, and Configuration of IT hardware (including server, storage, and network/communications) in designated facilities. The contractor shall perform the following IT hardware installation tasks:
• Physically install, cable, and configure switches, routers, firewalls, Virtual Private Network (VPN) hardware, console interfaces, racks, and other associated/similar hardware. • Physically install, cable, and configure standalone servers, blade servers, and server enclosures, and other associated/similar hardware.
• Perform initial configuration for current versions and up to two previous versions of the following operating systems: Windows, RedHat Enterprise, HP-UX, SUSE, Solaris, AIX.
• Set up and initialize virtual machines with virtualization software including VMware and Oracle Logical Domains (LDOMs)Physically install, cable, and configure storage hardware to include Enterprise Arrays, Network Attached Storage (NAS) devices, storage switching, data replication devices, individual hard-drives, and Host Bus Adapters (HBA) and other associated/similar hardware
• Install, terminate, label, and repair cables (copper and fiber) in accordance with DISA-provided work orders and/or engineering solutions.
• Install supporting conveyance, patch panels, and trunks in accordance with DISA-provided work orders and/or engineering solutions.
• Perform independent verification and validation to a baseline hardware network
• Perform turn-over of installed hardware to technical/operational staff
• Prepare architectural diagrams, cable diagrams, SOPs, TTPs and update internal excel and word documentation that supports the process flow activities.
• Integrate and support DOD and DISA IA posture of the DISA Enterprise, as applicable, when issues by DOD and/or DISA guidance.
• Follow DISA processes to interact with service desks, technical staff, and customers to resolve technical problems or provide information.
• Respond to ITSM Requests.
• Cycling power on devices, verification of cabling, Re-cabling devices, Re-terminating Cabling, Workstation cabling
• Position may require OCONUS travel with minimal notice.
• Must have Secret clearance and must have a valid passport within no less than one year of expiration.
• Must possess one of the following IAT Level II
• Security+ CE, CCNA Security, CySA+ (CSA+), GICSP, GSEC, CND, SSCP
• Two years’ experience with IT hardware installations virtualization software and operating systems, integration, and configuration of IT Hardware (including server, storage, and network/communications) in designated facilities.
• Two Years’ experience with the following operating systems: Windows, RedHat Enterprise, HP\u0002UX, SUSE, Solaris, AIX.
• Applicant should be able to lift boxes weighing up to 75 lbs
• Shall be able to complete tasks that require moderate walking, standing, bending over, stooping, crawling, kneeling, climbing, and reaching.
• Shall be able to distinguish between shades of colors visually and to see clearly up close to work with small wires.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.