Cloud Security Engineer
If interested, please apply, and you can also send your resume to the recruiter [email protected]
Title: Cloud Security Engineer
Location: Houston, TX (50% Onsite/50% remote)
Length: 6 month contract to potential hire or conversion
The successful candidate will have a background in cyber security, experience in managing a security practice, and have a heavy background in IAM, DR, business continuity, vulnerability management, security controls, and more all within a cloud organization from a design, architecture and strategic perspective. Ideal candidates will have experience working in cloud transformation/ cloud migration initiatives, knowing the necessary standards and controls that are apart for the security ecosystem, and helping with the strategy, architecture and associated controls as they move to the cloud. We are looking for a passionate, high level thinker that has a background in creating security programs for the cloud.Responsibilities:Hands-on experience with architecting, designing, and implementing cybersecurity solutions in the cloud. Must have a deep understanding of cyber security in Cloud architecture and associated tools. The candidate will work with a team responsible for a mission-critical business function and will partner with Infrastructure, DevOps, and Core practices like Security, Identity, CloudOps, Cloud platform, and tools teams to identify and implement Cyber security principles to optimize, secure, enhance performance, and improve overall system security.Qualifications:We need a Senior Cloud Security Architect. This person will act as the SecOps expert for the Cyber Security organization that is migrating to the AWS Platform, driving numerous initiatives in the security space.· Expertise in Cloud Architecture (preference: AWS)
· Self-starter and Senior Architect who can lead the cloud architecture program
· Information Security Architecture Background, CIS benchmarks, NIST Framework
· Industry security standards and frameworks (ISO, SOX, SWIFT, OWASP, NIST Cyber Security, etc.).
· Expertise in AWS public cloud, cloud-native design, microservice architecture, containerization, and non-functional requirements.
Desired Skillset: AWS advanced Certification, Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalentAdditional notes from my conversation:
· Focus will be incorporating SecOps aspects of the cloud into the security strategy (ex: whether its how we do lock management and incident response; NOT design Kubernetes, etc. which is already taken care of).
· Take a traditional cyber model and if using NIST CSF how am I going to take all of those controls that apply pour then into cloud, incident response, monitoring, and Asset Management, etc
· Engineer level – Thinker with extensive experience in creating Security Programs (CISSP, Experience Managing a Security practice)
· Come from a background with Cloud in a Fortune 500 Company where they are accustomed to the controls needed for cloud, OR they have been a part of a Cloud Migration/ Transformation from a Security perspective.
· Experience with Authentication, Design, controls for high availability, DR, Business Continuity, technical controls for OWASP, SQL injection, vulnerability management at the architect level –somebody who can take all the controls that are part of the security ecosystem for an application in the cloud and work with the app owners for the above areas, help with the standards for each and then plug in those controls as we move to the cloud.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.