DevOps Sys Eng
“To apply please email your resume to [email protected]”
Apex Systems is hiring a DevOps Systems Engineer for a Long Term Contract with one of our federal clients. Please respond with your most up to date resume and best times to speak if interested!
Job Title: DevOps Systems Engineer
Location: 100% onsite in Herndon, Virginia
Long Term Contract
Rate: Based off experience - $95-105 / HR
Candidate will develop CI/CD build and deploy pipelines; integrate tools into the pipeline and manage debugging integration issues. In addition, candidate will help integrate with various tools for the DevOps process.
Job Duties include:
- Development of CI/CD Build and Deployment Pipelines
- Write/modify Jenkins-based groovy scripts
- Write/update CloudFormation scripts
- Troubleshoot pipeline issues across Jenkins and AWS Environments (Linux EC2, RDS, CloudFormation, Elasticsearch, etc…)
- Document key features for developer use
- Help write and maintain scripts for process improvements (ex: stage/unstage builds, branch tag automation, automating variance corrections across networks) Integrate tools into the pipeline
- Work with the development teams to bring in new microservices into the pipeline. Helping troubleshoot as necessary.
- Work through steps to automate installations of COTS products into the architecture
- Debugging integration issues
- Help identify issues in the deployment (i.e. potentially intermittent connectivity issues from an API Server to the Database)
- Monitor (and help develop scripts to monitor) the AWS services to ensure everything is functioning as necessary
- DevOps Tool Integration
- Help integrate with various tools for the DevOps process (SonarQube, Fortify, Jenkins, Robot Framework/Selenium, Artifactory, etc…)
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Eligibility for CI Poly
- Bachelor’s degree and 9+ years of relevant experience OR a Master’s degree with 7 years of relevant experience OR a PhD with 4 years of relevant experience; an additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of the degree requirement
- Experience with Linux Environments
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Bash and Python
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and technical troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Git for Source Control
- Understanding and willingness to work in a DevSecOps oriented environment with an Infrastructure as Code mindset
- Active CompTIA Security+ CE Certification (or equivalent DoD IAT Level 2 cert)
- Experience with CloudFormation, Elasticsearch
- Basic understanding of an Object-Oriented Programming Language, preferably Java or Python
- Experience integrating Jenkins and Docker for automated CI/CD pipelines
- Basic understanding of Kubernetes or OpenShift Container Platform
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.