Data Sourcing Managers
Apex Systems is looking for Data Sourcing Managers for one of our biggest financial clients in Charlotte, NC. If you are interested, please send your resume to [email protected]
Location: Jersey City, NJ | Charlotte, NC– must be open to working hybrid onsite
Type: 12+ month contract with potential for conversion to full-time
We are only able to work on a W2 basis, no Corp to Corp. Must be able to work on our W2 without sponsorship!
- Demonstrable data expertise of Risk and Finance data domains such as Capital Data, Liquidity Data, US Financial Regulatory Reporting data, Compliance and Operational Risk data, Credit Risk data, Model Risk data and Enterprise Stress Testing (CCAR)
- Ability to understand complex data scenarios and present in a way that is easy to understand for a wide range of business, technology and data stakeholders using tools such as Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Experience working for a Risk and Finance organization as well as knowledge or Risk & Finance reporting and operations in a Tier 1 Financial Services organization
- Delivery focused and bias for action coupled with analytical and semantic rigour
- Demonstrable experience delivering business outcomes and a strong people focus
- Experience in metadata management, data lineage, data architecture, data standards implementation, business architecture and management information reporting
- Demonstrable knowledge of financial services products and practices, preferably with more than 5 years’ experience in financial services.
- Strong aptitude for learning, change management, communication (written and verbal), stakeholder management skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships
- Ability to build connections and work collaboratively across geographies and business units
- Understanding of data regulation and best practices in data management
- Experience with Markets and Banking business data and products.
- Experience with data catalogue tools (Ex. Collibra) and Data Visualization tools (Ex. Tableau)
- Experience in Authorized Data Source (ADS) manager organization or Data Steward Executive organization is a huge plus.
- Project management experience will be a huge plus.
The Risk & Finance Data Quality Control Executive requires a Data Sourcing Manager. The role will report directly to the Head of Data Sourcing & Provisioning and will be primarily responsible for:
- Implementing the strategy for establishing, governing and driving adoption of Authoritative Data Sources (ADS) for Risk and Finance data domains.
- Documenting Data lineage, usage and flow of data across from the point of data capture through the lifecycle to data usage
- Managing relationships and liaise with business data stewards and technology ADS managers as a data management Subject Matter Expert for their assigned data domains
- Represent their assigned data domains and act as a secretary for Risk & Finance Data Design Authority that will govern the appointment of business data owners, certification of authorized sources, reviews and tracks exceptions to authorized source adoptions
- Supporting business & technology change programs and run the bank operations as a data management SME for their assigned data domains.
The identification, assessment and adoption of ADS are critical to establishing an efficient and scalable infrastructure. It ensures all business and IT projects are clear on where they are required to source the authoritative data sets to ensure they integrate efficiently with the enterprise and reduce technical debt, complexity and total cost of ownership.
Principal Accountabilities: Key Activities and Decision-Making Areas
Impact on the Business / Function
- Accountable for implementing the Authoritative Source Framework
- Support the Data Design Authority that is responsible for governing the process of identification, assessment, certification and adoption of Authorized Sources, business ownership and modelling standards
- Liaise with and represent business owners of data and technology owners of ADS
- Deliver comprehensive and actionable insights on data provenance, end to end data creation, data usage and data flow.
- As a data management SME, support their data domains with Run the Bank issues and change program implementation
- Build a common data culture and promote common language between business, technology and the data communities to ensure clear lines of responsibility, accountability for all aspects of data ownership, data management and data remediation activities.
- Develop close and effective working relationships with business, IT architects, IT service owners, domain architects and the wider data community
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for triaging and addressing issues relating to authorized source provisioning and adoption
- Deliver fair and pragmatic outcomes for internal customers and ensure transparency and consistency in decision making based on agreed and communicated common principles.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.