Manufacturing Associate - Training Program
Role: Manufacturing Technology Development Trainee
Client: Large Manufacturing Co
Location: Fully onsite 5x a week in Charlotte, NC
Duration: 3 month Contract-to-Hire
- Applied Sciences Degree (Chemistry, Engineering, etc)
- Great attitude and willingness to learn something new
- Microsoft Office
- The ability and willingness to work in a dusty environment.
- Strong commitment to safety and the ability to maintain an orderly and safe workplace.
- Must be able to stand 6-8 hours per day; required to lift 50 lb panels and/or buckets.
- This is a fast-paced, cutting edge environment offering room for advancement, professional and technical growth and long term stability.
- This position provides technical background training in wallboard science and testing fundamentals.
- The TDTP program allows up to 24 months of training at which point the candidate would take their knowledge and advance to other available positions throughout the company, across the US.
- Perform all technical/lab services independently and in a timely manner.
- Adaptive and responsive to changing priorities and committed to providing timely and accurate results while also contributing observational information related to the task.
- Actively engage with colleagues and managers to understand project goals, requirements, and timelines.
- Assist in lab support as it relates to moving and handling gypsum wallboard panels and other construction materials used in product evaluation and testing. This requires the ability to lift up to 50 lb panels, buckets, or other containers on a periodic basis.
- Provide facility support as required, along with others, to help ensure the smooth flow of operations at the TIC. Facility support may include help with lab/board clean-up, phone coverage, meeting scheduling and prep, and other activities.
- Contribute to a safe, injury-free work environment.
- Some travel will be required for plant trials.
If interested, please apply here or send resume to [email protected]
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.