Sr. Software Engineer
Apex Systems, the nation’s 2nd largest Information Technology staffing firm, has an opportunity for a Sr. Engineer to work for a large hospitality company.? This is a contract to hire opportunity.
Applicants must have Angular/front-end experience and AngularJS (this is v1 of Angular). If interested in this position or any other opportunities in the greater Central Florida area, send a resume to Jennifer Shofner in Apex’s Orlando Office - [email protected]
Day to Day Responsibilities/typical day look like:
We are looking for someone who applies practical knowledge of development and engineering to conceive, design, develop, test, and implement software fixes, improvements, components, and/or new integrations and applications of moderate to high complexity. This would be done using modern software development paradigms (e.g., CI/CD, agile, product, cloud). The right candidate will have experience with Supply Chain suites (Oracle Retail or Symphony Retail AI GOLD). The role provides technical guidance and acts as a point of escalation and technical expert.
• AngularJS (this is v1 of Angular) – create from scratch new functionality; update existing angular code; perform code reviews; perform debugging of Angular to diagnose issues
• Oracle – ability to create/update tables – ability to create/update basic SQL queries
• Java – ability to create from scratch/update web services code to call existing or new tables to retrieve information and return it in JSON format; perform code reviews; perform remote debugging
• Junit – create/implement Junit test cases – ensure coverage of new code being created;
• (duplicate) As referenced above – ability to debug/diagnose issues within any layer of the application– reviewing log files – debugging to confirm/diagnose issues
• Spring framework experience (boot, batch, etc)
• UI/UX design experience
• Ability to take an idea from concept thru development process (e.g. think about where data needs to come from; can we leverage an existing web service call; or create new)
• Seven years of progressively related experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and interfaces between Supply Chain ERP systems.
Significant knowledge/experience in relevant technologies, such as:
• Java/Spring Batch
• PL/SQL development (Oracle DB)
• Development Tools (Eclipse, Git, CI/CD, Maven, Jenkins)
• JSON Messaging
• Web Services (SOAP & REST)
• Cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure)
• Software Performance Optimization (memory, CPU, scaling, etc...)
Soft Skills & Other Requirements:
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
• Detail-oriented, self-organized, delivers quality and capable of tracking multiple pieces of work simultaneously.
• Mentoring and guidance skills
• Ability to handle virtual teams and work with resources in multiple sites (onsite, offshore, near shore)
• Excellent time management skills
*Please note that as a contract employee of Apex Systems, you’d be eligible for Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance; Short Term Disability; Hospitalization Coverage; Direct Deposit; Weekly Pay Periods; Training and Development Programs; and our Referral Program.*
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.