Stress Analysis Engineer
This is a direct hire, permanent position offering relocation.
As a Stress Analysis Engineer, you are accountable for stress analysis support of new and existing Transparencies products. In this role, you will provide stress analysis and evaluations to assure that products and transparencies programs will profitably meet performance expectations defined by the customer, regulatory agencies, and the design engineering staff.
- Frequent collaboration with customer stress analyst authorities to develop a detailed understanding of airframe structural requirements.
- Lead all aspects to improve plant key performance indicators and manufacturing/operational metrics, as well as being a technical resource to production personnel to ensure working conditions meet all safety requirements.
- Communicate stress analysis study results, to customers, and to governmental regulatory agencies.
- Work closely with customers, the transparencies design engineering group, and other teams to develop structurally sound aircraft window designs
Function as the structural subject matter expert (SME) representing program milestone events, such as Preliminary Design Reviews (PDR) and Critical Design Reviews (CDR).
- Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering with 8+ years of proven experience; Master's Degree with 5+ years’ work experience.
- 3+ years of proven experience in Finite Element Modeling and structural analysis of aircraft structures.
- Prior experience in formal engineering reporting and documentation systems and experience with education and training in positions directly related to finite element stress analysis in an aerospace environment highly sought after.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites and experience with commercial FEM/FEA software required; FEMAP and NX NASTRAN preferred.
Proficient in classical structural analysis and finite element methods.
Proficient in the use of FEMAP and NX Nastran, linear static solution and nonlinear static solution.
Able to effectively read, write, and communicate in English.
US citizenship required.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.