Field Service Technician
Title: Field Service Technician
Rate: Salaried with OT hours
The Field Service Technician (FST) performs a wide variety of complex technical support activities, in the security and detection industry. With limited supervision, the Field Service Technician is responsible for installing, troubleshooting, maintaining, and repairing many different types of x-ray, CT, advanced imaging, medal detector, baggage handling, trace detection, and other similar electro mechanical platforms. The FST takes ownership of multiple customer sites and a variety of equipment spread across a geographic region, while working closely and collaborating with other team members throughout the country. Develops and maintains relationships with a best in class/customer centric mentality, where remote customers have confidence in your character, capabilities, and overall services provided. Executes and completes maintenance, service calls, and work orders in a timely manner; providing status updates, completing required electronic and paper documentation, using ERP, CRM, and other software tools daily to manage and adhere to contractual obligations and performance metrics.
• Coordinates and/or performs the installation, relocation, maintenance, modification, testing, troubleshooting, and repair of complex electro-mechanical systems.
• Coordinates and schedules corrective and preventive maintenance activities at assigned work locations. May require travel for extended periods for service needs
• Owns timely CRM and ERP software updates, in accordance with the contractual requirements and in support of the set performance metrics.
• Executes Radiation Monitoring procedures, supplies timely and accurate reports, and complies with OSHA Radiation Monitoring reporting. Manages customer expectations and impressions as the on-site company representative.
• Performs equipment layout activities, as set forth in approved design documents.
• Assists with developing and maintaining accurate project and operations documents.
• Willingness to travel on short notice, work non-standard hours, travel on weekends, and assist other field sites as required.
• Associate degree in Engineering, Trade School Certification, or equivalent experience.
• Must possess valid drivers license and US Passport. Employment Contingent on the elected candidate completing and passing a DOD Suitability Background Check (e-QIP SF86 and FD-258 deliverables) within 6 months of start date.
Nice to have:
• Background in field service and ok with its requirements.
• Previous experience
Full time position with competitive benefits. Overtime with management approval. Plenty of room for growth opportunities.
Travel: Up to 75%. This position requires frequent travel within the US and occasional international locations. Minimal notice may occur on occasion.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee may be required to lift and move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Millage paid at .56 cents per mile. Any travel over 100 miles is eligible for $55 per diem
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.